Wheres our summer gone

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to work this morning with the forecast of 21 today in Melb. At 2pm it was my lunchtime - it was windy, rainy and 16 degrees!! I went home and put on some thick socks, boots and a jacket to stay warm for the rest of the crappy afternoon. Tomorrow's forecast is 19 degrees!

Where's our Summer gone?!! :mad:

Give me heat over cold any day! :cool: :sunny:

Snowing in Tassie today apparently.

1549964623_snow.jpg

Licking windows said:
Ive just gone down and replaced the old milk with fresh, also very nervously opened the shed door and sprinkled a heap of flour on the floor as well as laying out a bit more fishing net :perfect:
So fingers crossed and Ill keep you guys posted :)

And ???

Redfin said:
Licking windows said:
Ive just gone down and replaced the old milk with fresh, also very nervously opened the shed door and sprinkled a heap of flour on the floor as well as laying out a bit more fishing net :perfect:
So fingers crossed and Ill keep you guys posted :)

And ???
Gday Redfin
No luck as of yet :N:
Not even any tracks in the flour :Y:
Have changed the milk about 4 times :Y: and isnt that a fun job when its been sitting out in the sun for a few days 8.(
So what ya recon, safe to walk into me shed with me shorts and thongs on or what? :lol: :lol: :lol:

OzzieAu said:
Bjay said:
Well weve had stinking hot January here in vic. But traditionaly feburary is the hottest month. Seems as its going to be pretty cool in comparison to years gone by. Must be climate change. :D
I think summer has just been on vacation. :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:
http://www.bom.gov.au/sa/forecasts/adelaide.shtml
Yes it seems to have come back with avengese. It can go away tomorrow as its autumn time. Wishful thinking. Its been a strange season here in southern Vic. We had our dryest January since 1890 and almost our hottest. But had one of our coolest Februarys. Now these are real observations from real people. (Local farmers with generations of keeping records)not just sensationalising media groups with agendas. :Y:

Yep it's the usual February weather that can sometimes extend into early March. I really don't care about what records are broken or not I'm more interested in getting through my work day. So with the AC playing up in the truck I'm starting at 1am and hopefully done by midday, good night :zzz:

At 5am it was 26 degrees in Melbourne. Expecting 37, 36, 36 over the next three days. Summer's back! :cool:
Even though it's the first week of Autumn...

Yes some warm weather headed your way. I know its been a cool summer this year because the growth on all the deciduous plants despite having ample water have been much less this season than normal.

MegsyB007 said:
At 5am it was 26 degrees in Melbourne. Expecting 37, 36, 36 over the next three days. Summer's back! :cool:

It's only the first day of Autumn because some knuckle heads decided to coincide the seasons with the start of the month :/ the Summer solstice sets the season to continue until the 21st March so it ain't Autumn yet.

RM Outback said:
MegsyB007 said:

It's only the first day of Autumn because some knuckle heads decided to coincide the seasons with the start of the month :/ the Summer solstice sets the season to continue until the 21st March so it ain't Autumn yet.

You're absolutely right, RM, but I've also seen trees that have leaves already turning to Autumn colours too. Saw one last week and thought that Autumn was coming in early this year, with a week of Summer to go - but really it was a month to go, as you said...

Ahh Melbourne... Autumn one day - Summer the next! :)