Wheres our summer gone

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well weve had stinking hot January here in vic. But traditionaly feburary is the hottest month. Seems as its going to be pretty cool in comparison to years gone by. Must be climate change. :D

1549807970_8aae7873-20fa-4af9-b9cc-0ec2009d5798.jpg

Yep was wondering the same thing might need a coat lol

Bloody hell Nanjim - where are you at again? Thats toasty!

Youre right though Bjay. Gone from roasting to Autumn here in Vic. And the next week is only mid to high 20s.

A pleasant change I reckon. But the heat will be back no doubt ;)

Im hoping we get a warm sunny day soon, as I have a tiger snake that has taken up residence in or around me shed :N: spotted it the last hot day sunning itself and when it heard me coming it slithered into a gap in the bluestone retainer wall :eek:
Went into the shed and heres this big snake skin on the floor! :N:

Licking windows said:
Im hoping we get a warm sunny day soon, as I have a tiger snake that has taken up residence in or around me shed :N: spotted it the last hot day sunning itself and when it heard me coming it slithered into a gap in the bluestone retainer wall :eek:

On the plus side, you won't be having any bother with mice in there! :playful:

introduce him to a little toy the double barrel sisters lol
Licking windows said:

grubstake said:
Licking windows said:

On the plus side, you won't be having any bother with mice in there! :playful:

Hey grubstake
Yeah thats exactly why he is there as the chook house backs onto me shed :N:
I dont normally freak out with them as we all know they will avoid us and retreat for cover :Y:
But this ones just a tad too close to the walkway and besides that hes in me bloody shed :mad:
Im planning on putting on a thick pair of trackies as well as me fishing waders armed with me snake stick and see if he is indeed a resident of my shed :argh:

Manpa said:
Distance is your friend, you in the shed and the snake in the next postcode!

Hi there Manpa
Im hearing what both yourself and jaros are saying but to get me safely back in the shed and the snake re located in the next postcode I need to determine if it has in fact taken up residence in there :argh:
I do have a fine gauge fishing net set up with a few small bowls of milk in the middle trying to lure the bloody thing out but have been unsuccessful in doing so :N: we have had a bad year with the joe Blakes and on Boxing Day our jack Russell was under the deck barking and got tagged by a tiger snake on the lip , I only just caught a glimpse of it as it was retreating right under the house I called the dog out and she bloody well went running down the paddock at a million miles an hour and by the time we got to her the venom was already starting to take effect ( yes taking off was the worst thing she could have done) we got her up to the house and without a word of a lie she was vomiting white froth and was starting to be paralysed 10 minutes later she was dead 8.(
We have never seen anything like it, boy there venom must be potent! The owners of the property right next to us had a tiger snake removed a few days after this happened and we all breathed a sigh of relief but unfortunately I think the snake that got the dog is residing in or around the shed :N: we have also noticed that the resident frogs that used to croak at night have disappeared and Im tipping that they would be well and truly snake :poop: :poop: :poop: by now. :eek:

Milk??? It's not a kitten :lol: :lol:

Then again we had a Lizard that would drink the cat milk and the cat food...

I get snakes a lot in the shed, I find the skins laying over my tools and fishing gear,

I just make a lot of sound when I am opening the shed door..

Goody :)

Latest posts