2nd Trip And The 5000 Gets Some Nuggs

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ben Digo said:
Well, I've been out in the GT dozens of times and never got a thing there, mine have been from further afield. You must have a good nose for the right location, ideal settings on the GPX and a knack for picking the right signals. Wish I could do that, excellent days work PMac :D
Thanks Ben Digo,
I pretty much just used the gold maps of the area and referenced them to google maps satelite pics, then just used land marks to get me close to the right line from the old diggings once I was on the ground. Seemed to work for the area I was in, however I understand this method may not work in other areas with no land marks.
Cheers mate :Y:

travelergold said:
Well done to mastering the machine. And i think your son would now have gold fever too. Be careful if you think you know the sound of gold to junk. Dig every target as it may surprise you. Gold does not sound much different to junk, especially if it is odd shaped or sized different.. nice picture, always nice eye candy

Thanks Traveller,

Thanks for the advise mate :perfect:

PhaseTech said:
Nice work. 5000 still a beast.
Thanks Phase Tech,
I'm surprised how good this detector really is,
To be an absolute amateur like myself and with a little research to be able to find some colour, is proof how good it is. And even better was the quality time with my eldest son, we definitely had some laughs ( watching Dad carry on like a Goose when he finds his first Nugget :perfect: )

Cheers,
Pete.

A bit late on the thread.. Have been away working.
Well Done on the finds PMac77, I am surprised at the depth on small targets that the 5000 will pick up.
I have a Coiltech 14" elite but have gone off it. my favorite coil is the 14x9 nugget finder. oldie but a goody.

Gold finds like yours are readily found with "normal coils" and the most reliable way to find consistent gold
is to go where no others have gone before.. easier said than done.

Keep up the search, :perfect:

RR

Rambling rude said:
A bit late on the thread.. Have been away working.
Well Done on the finds PMac77, I am surprised at the depth on small targets that the 5000 will pick up.
I have a Coiltech 14" elite but have gone off it. my favorite coil is the 14x9 nugget finder. oldie but a goody.

Gold finds like yours are readily found with "normal coils" and the most reliable way to find consistent gold
is to go where no others have gone before.. easier said than done.

Keep up the search, :perfect:

RR
Thanks RR,
These were all found with the standard 11' Commander Mono coil which I was happy with. So far I've only been around the Inglewood, VIC area.For the moment I'll run the standard coils 11' Commander Mono and 15 x12 Commander Mono, until I learn the machine, after that I'd like to try a few different coils, Coiltek, NF, etc. And yeah I think you're right with finding an area where no others have gone before, the thing I'm trying at the moment is working different angles to those that have been there before in the hope I may get some gold they have missed. :Y:

Cheers, Pete

Latest posts