Minelab Sovereign detectors - tips, settings, questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Great Danny it's good to see you Got them Coins I sent ya I was wondering if you got them Alright ??

:eek: :D :D :D :D

Lol, sorry mate, John

Never though I would pick one of these of the beach swash . It's a fox whistle made out of 1939 pennies. I rang the company and they explained how they make them. The hunters on this forum would be familiar with these. Here are the picks .
1463803496_image.jpg

Somehow I have missed this topic up until now. Some great finds there Danny. The Sov is a good detector. I would buy one if it was a good price. :D

That fox whistle is WAY cool. :cool:

Hello All
I have a minelab sovereign xs with a wot coil and the standard minelab coil, going through the forum and others i find that most reckon its a good beach treasure hunter and "some" say good for nuggets.
Has anybody had much success finding nuggets[in the right areas] with my set up?
Richard

The Sovereigns are not very sensitive to small gold, especially the really small gold that's out there. They achieve excellent depth in mild ground as well as beach sand, but lose a fair bit in heavy mineralisation. Basically, there are much better machines for the goldfields.

The original Sovereign, and the last Sovereign the GT, had good motion all-metal modes with modulated Audio which worked well in mineralised soils.

If you want to have a sniff in goldfield areas, use the stock coil and hit up some old ruins or trashy camps. Never know what might be found

Cheeky I know for a first post but I'm wondering if there is anybody Brisbane way with a Minelab sovereign XS2 that might be able to let me use a coil to check if my unit is still a goer before I splash out on a new coil for it. Was working and now it isn't damn n botheration.

Cheers
Tom R

if you are going to use it for coins/relics then it seem to be an ok machine. Does not handle highly mineralised ground like that in Victoria. By changing coils I don't think you are spending wisely.
Welcome to P.A.

Jaros.
I'm looking to borrow a coil to see if it is still a goer. think/hope the coil I have is faulty. Coiltek still have a 15 incher on the shelves but at $280 smackas it is a hell of a punt.
just like to know whether it is worth it. Seems like you can not test the coils out with an Ohm meter as there is some kind of a circuit board within the coil. Or so I've been. told.
was a good unit and still good to play on the beaches, like to get it going again but if it doesnt fly then yes maybe better spent on a new machine.

Im in Qld by the by

Cheers
Tom R

Latest posts