Real Camping

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Booney said:
Yer but , the pizza was cold and they forgot the anchovies. :lol:

mate ya need one of these :Y:

1549012961_p1120579.jpg

http://www.12-24voltovens.com.au/

as for the anchovie , cant help :playful:

Mike's Bush Pizzeria and Pie Cart

*****MENU*****

Pizza trays at the ready - frozen mini pizza x 2 - add extra cheese - 1 hour for 6 amps = piping hot pizza. Great in winter.

Frozen Pies and or Pasties x 4 - also 1 hour add sauce from the Engel. Warms the Cockles :)

Sausage Rolls - up to 6 - 1 hour - + sauce - Dynamite

Alfoil container with left over soup, stews, Chinese etc - Great for Lunch or Dinner.

New to the Menu (Yet Untried) - Pre Toasted sandwiches - Re-heated. What can go wrong :)

1549071716_img_20190202_113457_7.jpg

*****DRINKS*****

Cold
Beer, Softies, Poppers, Water or anything else that the Engel will carry

Hot
Courtesy of "Thermos"

nice to see another Travel Buddy owner :cool:

your cooking times would indicate you still have the ciggy plug on the lead ???

The Travel buddy ovens look like a great bit of kit,do you just use it while driving? I guess it would run a car battery flat pretty quick with the car not running.

ctxkid said:
nice to see another Travel Buddy owner :cool:

your cooking times would indicate you still have the ciggy plug on the lead ???

I do still have the cig plug on the lead. The oven is the small 6 amp not the marine which is 10amp. It is also from my Auxiliary battery and generally when parked up so not when on charge from the BCDC. I also did not want to change during the warranty period which is now over. I have a 100AH for it and the fridge. Generally used in winter time so plenty of juice. But I also have a "blanket" 110W solar I can deploy if needed.

The times are all for frozen food straight into the oven. Thawed food is obviously less cook time.

Are you inferring that changing to something like an Anderson will change these times?

Eldorado said:
The Travel buddy ovens look like a great bit of kit,do you just use it while driving? I guess it would run a car battery flat pretty quick with the car not running.
yes you can cook while traveling :cool:

personal best so far has been maple marinated pork in just over 2hrs on the move, made for some yummy pork and slaw rolls :perfect:

and a well maintained battery will last an hour or two, three or four :power: secret is to replenish the battery with a good 25 amp charge (15 to 25 is cool) :Y:

Jaros said:
I prefer something a lot more solid over my head than a flynet. :zzz:
Why be comfortable and cool/warm when you can be miserable?
There is something between sleeping under a vehicle and glamping. My spare fuel tank stinks, and I don't like wriggly things that hiss and cuddle me for comfort.

After picking up someone else's rubbish again on the weekend, & discussions over a few beers afterwards, & then reading some comments & seeing some pics elsewhere on this forum relating to a tour operators clients rubbish piles (& un-filled holes :mad: ), I was thinking "How do we get people to care more about what they do & don't do".
Bush camps & access roads need to have more visually prominent signs. I was inspired to doctor this image up.
Our parks managers should do something like this I reckon. ;)
1549879330_bush_sign.jpg

Ded Driver said:
After picking up someone else's rubbish again on the weekend, & discussions over a few beers afterwards, & then reading some comments & seeing some pics elsewhere on this forum relating to a tour operators clients rubbish piles (& un-filled holes :mad: ), I was thinking "How do we get people to care more about what they do & don't do".
Bush camps & access roads need to have more visually prominent signs. I was inspired to doctor this image up.
Our parks managers should do something like this I reckon. ;)
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/12692/1549879330_bush_sign.jpg

Good idea :Y: I like it I'll send it to our local council and park's. Your spot on DD more signage can only be a good thing regardless of the yeah but nah but comments :Y:

good onya RMOutback.
we were discussing this exact point about pursuing it with our Dept of Parks Management & also with Ministers.
Too often I see signs saying all sorts of things about where to drive & where to park & where to camp & where not to etc, but then 1 small sign saying simply 'don't litter' or similar words. It needs to be big & bold & in your face!
The wide open prospecting areas of WA are a bit of a different issue as to how to cover it, but a few signs on strategic roads would help.

ctxkid said:
condor22 said:
Are you inferring that changing to something like an Anderson will change these times?

yes :Y:

Not sure if I agree. My travel buddy draws 6amps, it's fed from my auxiliary battery and via a short run 6mm sq cable to a power box with cig sockets.

A nominal 6amp current @ 12 volts = 72W, so not a huge element.

The only benefit of Anderson over cig socket I can see is the positive connection, because I have had the cig plug jump out on 2 occasions, but I was on very rough terrain.

The other thing is that when I'm parked and it's on (the fridge sometimes cycles at these times) the voltage on my 100AH under a combined load of 9 amps is about 12.5V (battery fully charged). However if I'm driving the voltage the BCDC holds is over 13.5V. This will only alter the amperage as the heating element should still only produce around 72W as the resistance of it is the same (or very similar depending upon its temperature).

"Ohm's law states that the electrical current (I) flowing in an circuit is proportional to the voltage (V) and inversely proportional to the resistance (R). Therefore, if the voltage is increased, the current will increase provided the resistance of the circuit does not change."

ctxkid said:
pull out the ciggy plug while under full load and the conductive tip will be very hot !

heat is resistance
Exactly the reason Anderson are used :Y: Good load carrying. T5
Merit plugs also good.
Lighter socket probably bottom of the list as far as load carrying :N:

Latest posts