Portable Hot Water / Shower Systems

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a Coleman pressure pump shower. 10 litre capacity. Put the whole thing on to heat up then pump the pressure up then away you go. Used it with 5 blokes on top of a mountain in Cooktown while we were concreting a helipad a few years ago. You can get a reasonable shower out of 5or so litres if you do it right. I dont know if you can still buy them or not.

I'm sure you can get them cheaper, it is a matter of quality, warranty etc.

https://www.roadtechmarine.com.au/10l-pressure-shower-hand-pump/p/TPI042

Just saw this on another forum re these [portable water heaters [from the owner of Joolca]

1548826505_capture.jpg

Hi Guys' Not sure if anyone has mentioned the Glind hot water system; heat exchanger is cut into the heater hose in the Land Cruiser, supplied pump mounted on LHS wheel arch and output hose connected to heat exchanger. Feeder hose to the pump placed in clean water supply, dam,creek etc and the output hose connected to shower head mounted on bull bar. Back in camp or water supply with motor hot; shower for as long as you have water and diesel, works great and it's all tucked away and takes up no cabin space, takes three or four minutes to set up.
1548830080_20190130_173613.jpg

The better half recons it's the best $400 we've spent for a long time, the Cruiser is the third vehicle we have installed it in and to-date it has not missed a beat.
Just another hot water option.
Cheers, SinHof.

SinHof said:
Hi Guys' Not sure if anyone has mentioned the Glind hot water system; heat exchanger is cut into the heater hose in the Land Cruiser, supplied pump mounted on LHS wheel arch and output hose connected to heat exchanger. Feeder hose to the pump placed in clean water supply, dam,creek etc and the output hose connected to shower head mounted on bull bar. Back in camp or water supply with motor hot; shower for as long as you have water and diesel, works great and it's all tucked away and takes up no cabin space, takes three or four minutes to set up.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/972/1548830080_20190130_173613.jpg
The better half recons it's the best $400 we've spent for a long time, the Cruiser is the third vehicle we have installed it in and to-date it has not missed a beat.
Cheers, SinHof.

:Y: best in the thread imo :Y: :trophy:

haha you guys reckon you're behind the times .... my mate & his mrs still use a solar bladder (heated in the sun), only get a 3minute trickle shower each. :lol:
then I just strip down & have a cold shower, coz I don't mind cold water in a hot climate ...... but, I have been known to have a warm bucket wash when camped out in colder months :cool:
one day when I decide I need a camper trailer (probably not too far off) I might just have a hot shower unit too :p

I have an adjustable shower head in the van, yes it's an inbuilt hot water system, LPG/240VAC and a standard caravan pump. The tap is a flik mixer lever, turn it L/R to adjust temp and pull out to increase pressure.

As I only have 1 x 60lt tank, I wanted to know how much water I could get away with when off mains, so I put a bucket under the drain to catch the water. With the spray adjusted to as near to mist as it will go and just enough pressure to spray, I quickly wet down and turn off, then with a wet scrunchy and shower Gel wash all over, face last. Then, similar setting and rinse.

Did this a couple of times and found that bare minimum (no pun intended) I could shower on 3 litres. But a better shower was 5 litres. BTW when prospecting it's me on my own.

I also carry 3 x 20lt jerries of water a. to fill the tank when needed and b. to go get more H2O without breaking camp. I found showering every second day and the facecloth armpits n A'hole on the other day, my 120lt will last 9-10 days.

That's a shower every second day and the dishes once every day (most days for the dishes depending on what I use as a 4 piece dining set goes a long way when only one person.)

The other thing is that the hot water is a storage heater of 10lt.

Re the insta heat hot water service.

A neighbour of mine has a large older van, he removed the front placed bunk beds and built a shower cubicle one side and loo on the other. The van had no H/W service so he bought something similar as in the 1st post. He made up a mounting bracket that swivels off the draw bar, far enough to not heat affect the twin LPG cylinders, but close enough to tap gas from them. The water inlet was from the external tap which is fed from tank via pump and using quick connects mounted in a small hatch near the shower the outlet feeds the shower and the small sink between the shower and the loo. He does not travel with it on the draw bar, not sure where he puts it, but I think in the van somewhere.

RM Outback said:
SinHof said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/972/1548830080_20190130_173613.jpg
Cheers, SinHof.

:Y: best in the thread imo :Y: :trophy:

Nah don't think there is a clear winner :eek: as they all have their pros and cons :awful:

PS I might be heading to the GT for week in Feb. Taking the swag not the van, so no shower or loo and limited water. My options;

1. Wash as and when from what water I have.
2. There are a couple of places i.e. Maryborough indoor pool, Tarnagulla oval and Talbot FC where showering is available at a small cost.
or
3. STINK :)

4. Shovel, matches, dig, squat, fill :poop:

So if you see a Lunar Eclipse out there it might be me, lol

Just wondering if any members could give me a heads-up on a good portable shower system please?

I did a forum search expecting to get a couple of hits, but to my surprise I couldn't find anything.

Firstly, it will be used at a weekender until sometime in the future when I eventually put a permanent shower in, and have a water tank installed. There is power to the property, but initially we will be using water taken with us each time from home, transported there in a 1000L IBC tank.

Seeing as we will have a 9kg gas bottle there for the BBQ, and also have 240V power available, I figured I would buy something like a Joolca portable hot water unit, rather than going for the Coleman rechargeable with Lithium battery, as even though the Coleman seems like a great unit, it has a very small gas bottle (I can see its advantage for traveling & camping though).

I've checked out the EverShower Recirculating Water Ensuite Tent V2, but just wondering if anyone has used it? If not, is there something better that is available?

It needs to be portable and able to be put away each time we go there, and also suitable for 3 discerning females (I'm happy to hang something over a tree branch, but the ladies of the house have canned that idea!)

Thanks for any input.

-D.S.

Latest posts