New member on the Murray

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all. Just joined the forum with a renewed interest in gold detecting after moving to the Murray River with a short enough drive to the Victoria goldfields. Used the Fisher Gold Bug last century, the SD2000 around the year 2000 and have recently upgraded to a new GPX4500. Ive noticed a wealth of information on this forum and like minded optimistic prospectors. Im hoping to contribute with some thoughts and anecdotes of my own. If someone can advise first up how to beat the 42 degree heat and detect in comfort id Be grateful! :fire:

Welcome to PA. great spot you have in that part of Aust Lots of old coins and lead in that river. Heat no problems. Just wait a couple of months.

Welcome to the forum BHM14 great too hear you are getting back into detecting and looking foward to your input and updates as you go with the 4500 as for the heat if you find a way let us all know.
Roy

Hi bud welcome. I was out on the Murray around Echuca the other week and noticed some diggings. Further inspection I noticed diggings in many places around that area.

As for the heat.. i hate it too and I'm not going for a swing till it cools off.

Hi BHM14 welcome. Where abouts on the Murray are you? Im in Echuca.

get 1 of these air-con suits :playful:
1548237550_air_con_suit.jpg

Latest posts