Prospecting / Miners pick information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Either option will support a well built Aussie made pick. I'd be lost without my Walco, I'm hard on it cleaving the country rock, let alone the clays and soils in the GT.

Chew through calcite if you have the heart and a grinder.

Hi all,
I'm going Detecting in Inglewood tomorrow and was wondering the best place whilst I'm in the area to buy a good quality Pick? I have one I can borrow but I would like to get one for myself, Miners Den Bendigo are out of Walco's and aren't sure when the next lot will arrive.

Thanks,
Pete.

Mirrors said:
Bendigo have Bunnings
See if they have pelican picks in stock
:pickshovel:

Thanks Mirrors,
But I was hoping for something like the Walco, CC etc type pick made from old discs, or leaf springs.I've heard some horror stories about the Bunnings picks chipping etc.

Thanks mate,
Pete.

Hey PMac, Bluejeansrenald from PA makes some really good picks mate.. Gold Digger picks on Ebay.. I've got the Little Brother pick, opens up a hole in hard ground no probs.. :Y:

PMac77 said:
Hi all,
I'm going Detecting in Inglewood tomorrow and was wondering the best place whilst I'm in the area to buy a good quality Pick? I have one I can borrow but I would like to get one for myself, Miners Den Bendigo are out of Walco's and aren't sure when the next lot will arrive.

If you can pop down to Maryborough, the Coiltek Gold Centre shop (just North of town on the Dunolly road), carry a range of CC Picks:
https://www.marybroughgoldcentre.com.au/collections/tools

Ive got some picks made from ag point plough discs Im in Eaglehawk vic $30 bucks for the largest have 3 sizes theres photos on here in today I made cheers Muk.

1547806833_c085eada-862c-4439-a025-f703b099b558.jpg
my picks cheers Muk.

Eluvial said:
Hey PMac, Bluejeansrenald from PA makes some really good picks mate.. Gold Digger picks on Ebay.. I've got the Little Brother pick, opens up a hole in hard ground no probs.. :Y:

Thanks Eluvial,
I have seen Rons, pick and I will be ordering one soon from him as they look mint :perfect:

Big thanks to Muk,

I bought one of his large Picks and for the money I don't think you could get better anywhere! Also had a chance to have a quick chinwag about detecting with him and organise a possible detecting trip aswell. What a top bloke :Y: , thanks again Muk.

Pete.

Latest posts