Rocket launches LIVE.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Falcon 9 launches in about 12 hours.... 2.30am NSW time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VshdafZvwrg&feature=share

1547177037_screenshot_20190111-141625_next_spaceflight.jpg

Sure doesnt look the rockets weve seen in the past.
Ramjet could you knock up a comparison of the sizes compared to the Saturn rockets?. Would be interesting to see the difference.

Interesting to see that the Saturn 5 designed by the engineer who
did what he did not want in the 3rd war still stands to this day as
the most successful design.
True, We are pushing the boundaries in what we have and understand
but, a major break through some where with what we have must I hope
must be coming shortly I hope.

The top section of the SpaceX Star hopper has been blown over in a storm. Looks like a write off but Musk has said it only took a short time to build it so to repair or build another won't take long.

1548281619_stahopperover.jpg

A size comparison between Blue Origin's New Shepard, which flew this morning and the New Glenn, which comes online in 2021. Man that thing is going to be HUGE. Between this and the Starship from Spacex we are going to see some exciting times. Oh don't forget NASA is developing the SLS which may launch sometime..... in the distant future. ;)

1548294218_50448733_10158189567910760_4794632074545856512_n.jpg

Jaros said:

I was attempting to make a joke. ;) :D The SLS has been in development for many years. They are using Space shuttle liquid fuelled engines as well as shuttle solid rocket boosters as part of the design. This is to save time and money. :lol: :playful: :D It is decades late and billions over budget and still no real launch date in sight.

That's what happens when things are designed by committee and run by the government.