Shocknawe's finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My handbrake and my finds from a local river
1546762843_img_20190106_191658.jpg

Nice work removing some heavy metals from our waterways. Reckon I took at least 3kg of lead out of our local river last year. On the right track with the ID numbers, next one could be a gold ring.

Thanks for that mate yeah cleaned around the same amount over the past two years small sinkers come up as solid 15-16 and large ones come up as solid 17-18 the better half loves detecting but she wants to find rams heads, pennies etc but don't know anywhere where I live (I think I feel a camping trip coming on)

Where are you located? I look for old non native trees (oaks, pines, elms etc) as the English imigrants tended to congregate under them in my area. Also research where railway stations, pubs or picnic areas were In years gone by.

I'm located not far from lakes entrance nearest old place I know of is the Chinese diggings near omeo area
An old (70+) man lovely bloke told me try to find the old peppercorn trees in old times they (the trees) were planted near old homesteads and that some family's buried there (goodies) there

Shock n awe prospecting said:
I'm located not far from lakes entrance nearest old place I know of is the Chinese diggings near omeo area
An old (70+) man lovely bloke told me try to find the old peppercorn trees in old times they (the trees) were planted near old homesteads and that some family's buried there (goodies) there
I was holidaying near Lakes entrance a few months back. The small seaside town had a bit of history to it, and I got a Florin and Ramshead shilling from there.
Don't be too quick to look far afield,your local area has plenty of history to it.