Newbie just wanting to have a try

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi I'm Mark and 50 y.o.
I have always had a background interest in detecting since my parents bought a Dick Smith detector in the early 80s. Haven't tried it before with any seriousness but have just bought an X-Terra 705 and plan to have a go at Easter.
Last Easter we did a one day prospecting course in Maryborough and so I thought I'd follow up on that instruction.

Thanks Eldorado. I think I saw that YouTube video before I bought the 705. Might be good for another look though. I'll have a look at the link now for the 705. Much appreciated.

Thanks Roy, It seems to be good especially compared to the Dick Smith circa 1980 that I borrowed from my parents. I'll give it a try at the beach next week since I'm finished digging up the backyard ?

Hi Mark. Research research is the key. Patience is next one. And bloody good luck in the end. Welcome. Another Mark.

welcome to the forum mate.

1547461565_1519599176_images.jpg

Ward69 said:
Hi Mark. Research research is the key. Patience is next one. And bloody good luck in the end. Welcome. Another Mark.
Yes I'm doing a little research but don't really know where to find material or what I'm looking at. Still fun though.

Latest posts