It's all about opal atm

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all Im going to give opal the big hit in 2018 I m allowing magic and lady luck into my life ..It just has to work.. cool ..so I guess you'll see some pics as I head out and into the dirt onya guys and girls.

1517120302_lady_luck.jpg

Yea I think that's how she'll look..perfect .. thanks for that..ill take it cheers

Great stuff Danny ..

Well I go hot and cold on Coober, its got some great things going for it. I will definately be there in February the outcome will dictate the next move..Im dealing with luck and magic so a flip of the coin and it can all change. Anyways qld opal looks great but pegging easy claims are wining my vote at this stage ..and then ofcourse the most valuable opal is black so Lightning Ridge is on for sure. That will be a bit latter in the year cheers.

Hey Gemo,there's an SA opal location kml i've got if you're interested? i'm sure others have the same thing floating around,just figured i'd offer.

Hi that sounds great if you could send it im in the hunt so all ideas welcome thanks very much

Have a look at Tintenbar Opals. They used to mine there a long time ago. I believe an extremely rare opal was found there also. Near Ballina/Byron Bay NSW.

Hi teizto yes I saw the pic of that piece of black found there very impressive..retire on that these days .I'm keeping all options wide open the hunt is on did you see there's a Foxtel outback opal hunters starting on the 8th I don't have Foxtel.. but could be fun to watch..i always laugh when the valuations roll over a piece of opal..always valued as a seller would value but always bought for what buyer wants to pay. Good luck with all cheers

It sure was a beauty. I have a mate that lives there and i am only about 20 mins away. Im looking forward to detecting down there and ill keep an eye out for some old spots.

Well I found out yesterday two fools have made a doco on opal out back opal hunters..typical I don't have Foxtel or cashed up enough to do my hunt in the same style...but watch this space I show ya how 1 x fool can do it cheers oooyea lady luck and magic.