black series camper trailers

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wishfull said:
Can u out a pic up of it in folded out ?
Nice looking unit price is ?

Don't actually have one at the moment I'm afraid. Will post the next time it's up. Not mine pics from web.
1476701373_img_4272.jpg

1476701338_img_4273.jpg

Good on you Keano family trips create life long memories and a long haul trip is a must, have fun. Look'n the goods.

this tent has serious issues with the awning...the spreaders run the wrong way and it will pool water very badly.. sorry but have to say... 46 years as a canvas worker... :)
Keano said:
Wishfull said:

Don't actually have one at the moment I'm afraid. Will post the next time it's up. Not mine pics from web.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/5240/1476701373_img_4272.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/5240/1476701338_img_4273.jpg

kawman said:
this tent has serious issues with the awning...the spreaders run the wrong way and it will pool water very badly.. sorry but have to say... 46 years as a canvas worker... :)
Keano said:
Wishfull said:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/5240/1476701373_img_4272.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/5240/1476701338_img_4273.jpg

Hi mate,

I can tell you from setting mine up to weather it in that there are a lot of spreader bars that run horizontally that they haven't put in for whatever reason in those pictures. There is no way that water will pool with them all in place.

SCROUNGER said:
AussieGamer_Ben said:
gday everyone.

just chasing people's opinions on the black series camper trailers. does anyone own one or have owned one.

just trying to decide on which one I want to get.
keep us posted if and when you buy something AG Ben as there'd be a few here that would be interested in what path you go down including me. Hey Davent, don't forget to keep posting your trailer mods either mate :lol:

Have an Avan camper available, if anyone's interested???

Captn

Great looking unit there Keano.
You were originally looking at 3 different campers, can you please tell me why you picked the one you did?

We were looking at the Black Series, but we really couldn't go past the Skamper Kampers Dingo Ultimate Camper Trailer - It came all spec'ed out ready to go!

That's a two year old post revived there Stu ;) Looked at the skampers .................... too long from draw bar to wheels for the real rough going for me, plus I'm not rich enough 8.(

Bogger said:
That's a two year old post revived there Stu ;) Looked at the skampers .................... too long from draw bar to wheels for the real rough going for me, plus I'm not rich enough 8.(

You've raised an important point about many of the campers, the distance between wheels and hitch.

A major issue common to may campers is that most of the load that is added prior to a trip sits in front of the axle and this plays merry hell with the weight on the hitch. We had a MDC Cape York, great camper but we discovered when we loaded it up for the first big trip, the hitch load ended up exceeding the tug's allowable hitch weight by almost 100kg, so we had to do some serious mods to bring this down.

When the manufacturers quote hitch loads of around 175kg before you add the fridge, food, beer, gas bottles, firewood, etc etc, the hitch weight climbs fast and many of this style of camper ends up overloading the tug's hitch.

The Police and Inspectors are very aware of this and are now targeting overloading, particularly in peak season and a recent combined event in Vic discovered that something like 60% of caravans, campers etc were overloaded.

Di H ...................... have to agree and you do see some horrific load / configurations whilst on ones travels. Scary in the fact your sharing the same road with them :eek:
Here in Qld they even pull you over and bang you on the portable scales they carry. Had to re register and engineer the camper when I added the quad to it, as went over the registered ATM. If your over up here, they park you up on the side of the road on the spot, can certainly put a dent in your holiday plans. The other issue with the long draw bar is any small ridge and you find your getting hung up on the drawbar as the rear wheels of vehicle are over and in fact half way down the hill before the trailer wheels even get there. The Skamper also has the wind down legs mounted there making lovely hooks to hang up on which just adds to it .................. although on most of my trips they probably would remove themselves I'd say :rolleyes: The other is tail over hang which will hook you up every time as you come over a drop off or ledge. Not much fun with your vehicle stuck in the creek as the ass of your trailer anchors it there hooked up on the bank.
Probably until one takes a trailer up some rough track you soon find the short falls. ;) Need to buy for your needs :Y:
Here is an interesting article on vans etc sold as outback ................... but not off road and limitations of warranty :rolleyes:
Interesting quote from article below which really says it all.

Theres no shortage of opinions on what constitutes offroad touring. Some might describe the Oodnadatta Track, SA, as offroad terrain, while others might say that a corrugated gravel road isnt sufficiently gnarly to warrant such a designation.

https://www.gorv.com.au/offroad-caravans-limitations-warranty/

Please join lemon caravans on FB and get some good info on caravans and campers before purchasing