New South Wales

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fossicking around southern highlands and surrounding areas. Some luck but only small gems. Would post some pics but unable to till i reach my 10 posts.??

Theres also a few localitys in victoria where diamonds were found.Beechworth was one known area the diamonds found had a green tinge to them and were cuttable.

I have found sapphires ,zircons and a diamond at Grabben Gullen years ago with an uncle. However it was on a property from memory. He had permission from the owner.

what would be the absolute closest spot to windsor nsw that i could fossick for anything, really wanna get some practice in today.

Hi everyone. New here, been a rockhound for 30yrs picked these from my pan and sieve today. Basalt creek bed, deep hole where the water has made a vortex for a very long time. Was lookin for gold and found these, Diamonds? How do i tell? North eastern nsw.
1547183949_resized_20190111_161508_7789.jpg

1547184239_resized_20190111_162254_3353.jpg

Hey all, very new to fossicking, (I've never been, but really want to), does anyone know of any places nearer to Newcastle to go fossicking? I can travel about 90 minutes away at most, but was hoping to find crytals

Latest posts