Has The Golden Triangle All Been Detected Thoroughly?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My mates and I often go days without finding any, but then we do!
Yes, gold is getting harder to find, but it's the thrill of the hunt for us, and it is Always rewarding (friends, the bush, critters, exercise, wine and gold).
If you want to do it to make a living then pick a different profession.

Swinging & digging said:
I don,t get as much time as you to go prospecting, Nothing Great.
Live on the wrong side of town for easy access to GT, plus working full time in a demanding job.

My production is based on about 20 to 25 days detecting per year, 8 hours a day.
Sorry but thats a pretty low expectation. I probly get there for around the same amount of days but looking at a couple of grams per trip. A few years ago it was around 4 to 6 per trip but Ive lowered my expectations. Im happy with a couple now. Its definitely getting harder though.

Well atm I'm not so sure the tech has gotten better. Few bells and whistles with new machines.
I had a 2200d with a 14dd coiltek with booster. Now I've got a 5000 with multiple coils and none of the new coils on the 5000 punch deeper or give a sharper signal than the old 22 when tested on a .5 and .7 nugget at various depths. I tested the 5 on all timings and different adjustments (gains, stabilizers ect) using these coils; 17x13 , 17x11, 12 x 8, 12 round, 20 round all monos. I also tried the 11 commander dd on the 5000. The dd didn't even pick up the nugget at all. Not even a threshold mermer at depth of 5 inches.
All the above tells me the 5000 has way less punch just settings to dull the machine rendering it down as usable , but not practicable :| Dropping to a mid sized dd for mineralization on the 5 is really just saying, Hey I work but you might as well go home.
As for finding gold in my experiences unless you spend 1 day raking an area, using a detector is limiting yourself down to near zero chance of finding yellow. However it gives us prospectors a bad name so I tend advoid raking. Here's the delemer, rake or not :/
In my opinion the gold is still there, but no doubt it's harder to find. Probably under all those leaves :argh:

For me it's like fishing: It's all about the hunt, not the outcome.

Magilla said:
There are plenty of guys still finding gold and plenty that find nothing. Do the hard yards, the gold is there, just not on the surface.
I agree totally; Do the hard yards, the gold is there.
I always have a mattock sized miners pick and have used a jack hammer and been handsomely rewarded. One of my best finds came out of a hole someone else had started and gave up on. Had to use the jack hammer that time. Never walk away from gold.

BigWave said:
Bjay said:
Dude Larrys got to be a selling point for any trip. Youse all good guys but Larrys a legend of the goldfield trip.
I'm with you there Bjay!

X2 I just need to work out how to make more time, time in the GT with any of you lot is Gold but Larry wins hands down :Y:

SteveW..

Mate the gold is still there. You just have to work that much harder and smarter to get it. Accept that the easy yellow has been won... but what about all those deep targets lying on side or at an acute angle, a lot still out there, you just have to hear them.

Ensure your detector is running as quiet as possible, even consider replacing your upper shaft (one that attaches to your control box) with a fibreglass shaft, to take out any noise cause by the whip from the minelab supplied aluminium shaft back and fro.

Have alook at the evolution series NF coils so you can bump your RX up a tad running somewhat hotter and as someone said have faith in your equipment.

Regards

Happy Jack

density said:
BigWave said:
Bjay said:
Dude Larrys got to be a selling point for any trip. Youse all good guys but Larrys a legend of the goldfield trip.
I'm with you there Bjay!
thanks guys appreciate your comments ... is anyone going out on the australia day weekend .. would b great to catch again

Tempted but only if you're going hate to miss out haha, did ya have anywhere in mind :lol:

I get some motivation out of knowing I'm driving over thousands of ounces of gold every time I make a trip to the triangle. I've detected a lot of small gold along the road sides. Not the most serene area to swing a detector but it pays off. I've always gone in summer but I reckon panning these areas in winter would turn up a lot of fine gold. Erosion, fires etc will always expose gold which was previously undetectable and junk laden areas still obscure some treasures.

It's been detected but not thoroughly enough.
I just do not get enough time to go as often as I would like. And this time of the year I find it get's too hot. I must be getting old. Went out just before the end of last year and only lasted a few hours despite it being only 26 C.
Just do not go where certain members go as they have a tendency to clean up very well :lol: . Not naming anybody but you all know who you are.

Head down, swing slow and low and you'll hit targets.
Me, I'd rather find a golden booger everytime i picked my nose but it's not that easy.
1547288302_20181206_210352.jpg

Latest posts