Scales to weigh your gold - advice please

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RM Outback said:
Has anyone who's bought the cheaper option scales bothered to test their accuracy.

Ridge Runner when your done with the fridge testing here's ya next project ]:D.

No worries Mate I got half a dozen sets here, Some are just Scales some have other features,

Done the frozen food test now it's the ,,,48,,, Tinnie,, Test, Gotta get the priorities Right Ay :Y:

Hi all, I am heading to the GT for the Laancoorie Bash in October and thinking positive I will need to weigh my gold but not being over optimistic I want scales that will weigh down to at least .01g any recommendations for a good reasonably priced set of scales. Cheers Randy

Thanks everyone for your replies I finished up ordering one from miners Den Adelaide. They use one for buying gold so hopefully it will be accurate.

New to this.

How do you go about weighing gold? What sort of scales? Where would a beginner get reasonable scales?

How much gold would you amass before taking it to a dealer? Also, I know nothing about dealers and what to do with future finds.

SB

Is there anyone about who could answer this for me? There's hundreds on ebay, but I don't want to waste money.

SB

i got these of ebay didnt cost much but work well
i check them every now and then with my check weight

200g 0.01g Digital Precision Weight JEWELLERY ELECTRONIC POCKET LAB SCALE Mini

7.62marksman said:
i got these of ebay didnt cost much but work well
i check them every now and then with my check weight

200g 0.01g Digital Precision Weight JEWELLERY ELECTRONIC POCKET LAB SCALE Mini

Thank you mate. I'll look into that one.

Would anyone care to enlighten me on the other questions I asked please?

SB

Sorry couldn't help myself. Depends on the dealer, search Peter Beck refinery for min quantities or Gumtree. Fleabay no min.

Thanks everyone. Jaros that's a necro-post there at 2013... no wonder I couldn't find it in a forum search. ;)

Perhaps the other questions I asked need rephrasing?

SB

I've bought a a couple of scales off Ebay. Both were short lived.

Any recommendations please? I just want to weigh my finds from time to time.

Baz.