My attempt at a dry blower

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

max power

joe
Reaction score
So I thought Id give dry blowing a try but after looking at how much they are I bought some aluminium and well Ill show you the pictures ?
Any advice welcome Im using the plans I go from another post.
Ill have to resize the images

1547111122_picture1.jpg

1547111247_picture2.jpg
1547111307_picture3.jpg
1547111460_picture5.jpg

Im using 1.6mm Ali my biggest challenge was how to bend it, the plans said to just cut and pop rivet every thing but I thought Id try and bend up a box. So I made a sheet metal brake but it was a bit flimsy but I made it work ?

1968falconxt said:
Looking the goods. The rig you made to fold the sheets is a great idea

thanks found it on youtube.
I think I'll make a bigger version and weld it.

It looks like you have quite an aggressive angle on the riffles. I would run 90deg for the first few riffles, it helps with the material flow. I would also recommend changing the riffle height to 15mm. This suggestion was made to me after I built mine. I made the change and it worked better.

Also, if you haven't done so already you'll need to order some Keene dry blower cloth from Reeds Prospecting in WA. It can take a while to arrive after ordering.

1968falconxt said:
It looks like you have quite an aggressive angle on the riffles. I would run 90deg for the first few riffles, it helps with the material flow. I would also recommend changing the riffle height to 15mm. This suggestion was made to me after I built mine. I made the change and it worked better.

Also, if you haven't done so already you'll need to order some Keene dry blower cloth from Reeds Prospecting in WA. It can take a while to arrive after ordering.
Ok thanks falcon Ill make some changes on the weekend I have the cloth from Reeds on the way, whats the best way to attach it to the aluminium?
I also need to find something for the classifier.

Selley's liquid nails works well. Much easier than using a contact adhesive. Smear a light coat on the aluminium and the place the cloth over. Then just run your fingers all around and it should hold in place with no tape or anything

Hi Max. Just wondering how the dry blower project is going?

PJG said:
Hi Max. Just wondering how the dry blower project is going?

hi PJG not much has happened lately I have made some of changes that falcon suggested hopefully I'll get some time this weekend and I will post some more pics :)

1968falconxt said:

Hi falcon i saw your dry blower design on diy forum awsome desing mate i was very inpressed probaly the best i have seen yet would apreciate any pics and dimensions you could share with me as my son and i are going to have a go at maki g our own also could you please show me pics and explain how you fixed your riffle cloth down and tensioned it apreciate any help you could give me cheers email [email protected]

Latest posts