Minelab GPX5000 tips, settings and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
roy cobb said:
Looking foward to an update mite see a 5000 at Hill End in March :D

Well, I bought it. 4k with 5 nugget finders 2 commanders , 2 batteries, swing arm, 2 speakers, booster, new leads and arm rest.

So if anyone wants to try out a few different sized coils, I've got plenty!

All I gotta do now is get used to the settings,
Few more than my old 2200d

:D

Just ordered a used one too, good to know they last. Mine looks like its got alot of use on it.

Hey guys, the 5k just came in and it's definitely got alot of hours on it. The shaft is not as tight as I'd like it to be and I plan on selling it after my year is aus is up. The shaft is the most banged up piece of the machine so I'm convincing myself it will help with the resale value or ease of sale haha. Jokes aside, I've heard the stock shaft can interfere when using large coils.

I've seen some conversions with the xp, and Mars shafts. I believe the Mars shaft is still alu, and I'm not sure about the xp shaft, but that is an option I guess. Is anyone making cf shafts that I wouldn't have to modify myself? I wouldn't mind making it myself normally but I won't have access to tools like I do now.

Just got myself a 2nd hand 5000 with a New 17x13 spoke Evo Coil in absolutely mint condition...Cant wait to try it out in a few weeks :D

Cudo's to Nenad for helping out on the great deal he organized for me with warranty till May next year :)

Cheers Nenad you Rock :Y:

1550210060_img_e1064.jpg

Jaros said:
Lucky the Chinese don't have metal chopsticks! :drooling:

Picking up old teeth would be bad enough let along old chop sticks (still a good find ) very funny cheers Jaros :clap:

Dignit said:
Gravity
But what about the Zed?
Lost faith?

No not really, I've been struggling with it for a while due to it's weight and a bad shoulder. I've been looking at all kinds of ways to adjust and change the harness setup but haven't found any real solutions will keep experimenting.

I can always sell the Zed It's also in mint condition. ;)