Deadfall

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys just a reminder that with all the recent storms about in NAW that there is plenty of trees that have fallen and are hung up against standing trees at the moment especially pine in the state forests... just be mindful always look up as well as where you are going and under no circumstances walk under or setup im the line of fall of these as they can give way at anytime it was only 2 months ago I was at at SC and noticed one strung up on the otherside of the bank so I moved upstream about 10 metres after being there for a few hours heard the crack and fell across the creek right where i was originally going to setup.... enjoy the hobby but please Stay Safe doing it!!!!!!

When I set up camp I make sure I am not under gums or dead trees . They are shockers for dropping branches or whole trees even.

If its windy I would rather sleep on a pile of rocks than camp under any tree ...

They don't call 'em widow makers for nothing - also, no camping in dry creek or river beds - or near a meat ants nest, or near piles of rock that would make for a good snakes habitat.

All the same, Happy New Year! :Y:

Latest posts