You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Ramjet
09 January 2019 04:02 pm

OK last warning to calm down. Have an adult discussion or it will be closed and deleted. Keep it civil and no personal attacks.

Touch the Frog.
Garrett At Pro, XP Deus, CTX 3030, pin pointer. Oldest find 1807 halfpenny, oldest silver 1854 threepence.

Reg Wilson
09 January 2019 04:03 pm

I notice in the videos that neither detector would pick up the 5.5oz lead sinker. When Wombat and I tested there, the 5000 gave a better response than the 7000 on the sinker, but the QED gave a better response than either. We used a 14" Coiltek Elite on the QED to match as close as possible the coil size of the other detectors, and as I have stated before, all detectors were tuned to be usable both on and off the pad.

Walmer Central Victoria
Began detecting 1979 Best colour 3Kgs Best patch 340 ozs.

2 users like this post: Ramjet, Rush

rockdev
10 January 2019 12:30 pm

Does Maldon gold center still sell the QED guys, I been thinking about getting one to try, I see he mentioned on another tread that he is a distributor and gives a 5 year warranty on all his detectors. Cant seem to find any second hand ones around for sale anywhere, used to see a few on gumtree from time to time.

Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab X-Terra 705.

Northeast
10 January 2019 01:58 pm

Yep, they do.

Last post from them was this one https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … p?id=28115

1 user likes this post: rockdev

Northeast
10 January 2019 02:02 pm

Actually, looking at their website I’m not sure if they do. Nothing listed there for QED hmm

1 user likes this post: rockdev

rockdev
10 January 2019 02:05 pm

Yeah I emailed them earlier but no answer yet there probably busy, will check back later.

Maldon Gold Centre
10 January 2019 02:39 pm

We sell the QED on a per order basis. If you want one we'll order it for you and ship it.

We have one in stock at the moment.

Last edited by Maldon Gold Centre (10 January 2019 02:46 pm)

Maldon Gold Centre - Authorised Sales of Garrett, Nokta, Makro, Fisher, Bounty Hunter, Teknetics & White's.
Maldon Gold Centre - Open Weekends & Public Holidays - 54 Main Street Maldon - Ph: 1300 575 707

4 users like this post: rockdev, Ramjet, Northeast, Ship of fools

davsgold
10 January 2019 04:13 pm

G'day all

I only just found this discussion about the testing I did at the Coiltek test bed in Marybourough, I think it was the 12/12/2018 when I did the tests with Graham, I uploaded the videos when I returned home as my phone has limited data, so that's why the youtube videos show up as the 18/12/2018 no great mystery there.

I did ask Reg if he wanted to come along and a few others as well, there were a few there that were interested in seeing the Russian aftermarket coils working on the GPZ7000

The test were never intended for saying one detector or coil was better or worse than anyother, it was just to see and record the events as they happened. All the test I did were on the same day and within and hour or so to try and keep things as standard as possible, and yes the settings on the GPZ 7000 were kept the same for every coil Russian and the standard GPZ14" coil, the settings have already been said and posted by others which are correct.

5 videos of the aftermarket coils were put on youtube for anyone that was interested to have a look at, and the other 2 videos that have already been posted here by others so no need to add them here

cheers dave

NAPFA member, APLA member, PMAV member

4 users like this post: grubstake, Northeast, Araratgold, mbasko

rockdev
10 January 2019 04:32 pm

Maldon Gold Centre wrote:

We sell the QED on a per order basis. If you want one we'll order it for you and ship it.

We have one in stock at the moment.

Thanks for the update, I just wasn't sure whether you still sold them as I didn't see any on your site. Will give you guys a ring tomorrow and have a chat.

thanks

washgravel
10 January 2019 08:18 pm

mbasko wrote:

This is just one reason why test bed results mean SFA!

I agree with mbasko as he says these type of test bed results mean SFA.(nothing)

Last edited by washgravel (10 January 2019 08:21 pm)

1 user likes this post: Araratgold

mbasko
11 January 2019 03:34 pm

washgravel wrote:
mbasko wrote:

I agree with mbasko as he says these type of test bed results mean SFA.(nothing)

Definitely & the point I was trying to get across - different detectors on different days under different conditions means jack. Comparing different detectors has enough variables & contention without introducing these into it as well.
Although, like the testing Davsgold does, using the same machine with the same settings on the same day under the same conditions can be a good indication when comparing different coils.

I have seen where the initial confusion came from now:

Bugwhiskers (Howard) wrote:

Title: videos of the QED at the coiltek test site comparison with GPZ, Gpx 5000 

A QED fitted with an 11" Coiltek Elite coil at the Coiltek Test Patch, Maryborough Victoria.
The last target is reportedly a 5oz fishing sinker at 50cm

https://youtu.be/A7wA5T2vDDE

https://youtu.be/2Z169j_Za54

https://youtu.be/4Beqd_2hV5Q

http://australianelectronicgoldprospect … x-5000/msg

Whether Howard meant to or not the title of the thread (videos of the QED at the coiltek test site comparison with GPZ, Gpx 5000) appears to have given the impression to some that the QED video was done at the same time as the GPZ & GPX5000 videos he posted for comparison. As has been shown now they weren't & the individual testing of each had nothing to do with the other.
Gotta love 777's comments on the thread playful lol
Shows what a class act he really is. thumbsdown

Everything we use comes from mining or farming.

1 user likes this post: Araratgold

mbasko
12 January 2019 02:39 pm

Another new QED video from Stinky Pete using Detech 11" Ultra Sensing Mono

2 users like this post: Mirrors, rockdev

Ridge Runner
12 January 2019 03:14 pm

mbasko wrote:

Another new QED video from Stinky Pete using Detech 11" Ultra Sensing Mono

Why does the signal seem delayed compared to where the coil is, Is that because of a slow processor or down to tuning, ?

The reason I ask is because on The ML's and the Whites I have owned they seem to respond faster.

Dig em all,

mbasko
12 January 2019 03:43 pm

Let's just put it down to YouTube to prevent any arguments here or the ongoing personal attacks/insults on the "other" forum wink lol

1 user likes this post: Ridge Runner

Dave79
12 January 2019 03:48 pm

Have noticed the same with mine. My theory is that the qed will give a below threshold volume signal for large targets if set up for small targets (below neutral bias ) and then give a rebound signal above threshold after it has passed over the target. Dunno the science of it but that's how it seems to me.

Prospecting must be like fishing, the big one keeps getting away!

1 user likes this post: mbasko

Ridge Runner
12 January 2019 03:55 pm

Dave79 wrote:

Have noticed the same with mine. My theory is that the qed will give a below threshold volume signal for large targets if set up for small targets (below neutral bias ) and then give a rebound signal above threshold after it has passed over the target. Dunno the science of it but that's how it seems to me.

Well that's a cool Idea because it sort of gives you an indication of what is down there as in big or small, I like that Idea.

Dig em all,

1 user likes this post: Dave79

Tathradj
12 January 2019 06:28 pm

Pointing out where " Bias " comes into play. perfect

A couple of HiBankers inc. accessories, , QED, 4500, SDC2300, Gt1600,
Aldi, A Prado 4x4, A'Van Cruiseliner and a heck of a lot of determination.
Most importantly, A lot of Good Honest Friends. Maybe one day Lucky.

Eski
12 January 2019 07:16 pm

Guys, in one of the Known test beds Mechanic or auman (can't remember your handle Mick!) and i pulled out one of those retail store anti theft stickers from the tube.
This is a well used test bed , (Talbot i think) , and the effect was that the GPZ did NOT Like it effectively masking signals, but the gpx didn't mind it.
Once removed the GPZ outshone the detectors tested on the day. the QED did perform well on the day though.

Not trying to highjack but please check the test beds out prior to proper testing.

Last edited by Eski (12 January 2019 07:18 pm)

1 user likes this post: mbasko

Tathradj
12 January 2019 07:25 pm

I as a lateral thinking type of person
and also taking into account both an
owner of a QED and my status on this forum
must ask a very straight question. ??????

How has the GPZ come into play here. ???

what are you people trying to prove. ????

3 users like this post: Rush, grumpygold, Mirrors

Rockhunter62
12 January 2019 07:50 pm

Tathradj wrote:

I think that Eski was just trying to say to check and make sure that the Test Beds had not been tampered with.

Cheers

Doug

Forest Gump once said "life is like a detector going beep, you don't know what it is till you dig it up"

3 users like this post: Dog Ranger, mbasko, grumpygold

Dog Ranger
12 January 2019 07:57 pm

Rockhunter62 wrote:
Tathradj wrote:

I think that Eski was just trying to say to check and make sure that the Test Beds had not been tampered with.

Cheers

Doug

Yeah ditto that thumbsup
There are times when veering off topic can in fact be beneficial to the original post thumbsup
Me thinks this is one of those tines wink

3 users like this post: mbasko, Rockhunter62, grumpygold

Tathradj
13 January 2019 11:09 am

And that is what it is all about.

Rush wrote:

For me the QED video results shows what it can achieve at a fraction of the cost of the others.

2 users like this post: grumpygold, mbasko

Reg Wilson
13 January 2019 11:17 am

When Wombat and I did some testing at the Coiltek test site, some clown had put a small bit of rusty steel into the smallest target site. Most confusing until we pin pointed the culprit.

Walmer Central Victoria
Began detecting 1979 Best colour 3Kgs Best patch 340 ozs.

1 user likes this post: grumpygold

washgravel
13 January 2019 03:47 pm

washgravel wrote:
mbasko wrote:

Wow my reply sure has created some discussions on AEGF and I must say there is merit in what has been said there in regards to test beds.
Therefore I should clarify my "nothing" comment as I was referring to using LEAD as test targets.
In hindsight not sure now if mbasko was referring the same?

mbasko
13 January 2019 05:40 pm

washgravel wrote:
washgravel wrote:
mbasko wrote:

Wow my reply sure has created some discussions on AEGF and I must say there is merit in what has been said there in regards to test beds.
Therefore I should clarify my "nothing" comment as I was referring to using LEAD as test targets.
In hindsight not sure now if mbasko was referring the same?

I'd assume most test beds would be using lead or similar? Doesn't really matter. I agree with some things they are saying on AEGPF too. Other things like trying to compare public test beds (can be tampered with etc.) to controlled manufacturer or military labs &/or test beds is laughable IMO.
Don't let that forum worry you too much. I see they've misinterpreted a lot from here & allow personal attacks/insults + have an intense loathing of anything/anyone from here by the looks of it.
I was referring to testing different detectors on test beds & those results meaning SFA in the real world. There are way too many variables involved & points of contention. ALL People will never agree on the results regardless who does them so to me they are mostly pointless! It's my opinion & nothing more. It's nothing against any particular brand/type/model.
Only good testing on test beds is testing the same detector/s with the same settings with a variety of coils to compare response of the coils or to test/tune your own detector/s to get used to the possible response & possible expected performance of it/them.
Hope that explains it better for you washgravel. thumbsup
No doubt it will likely be misinterpreted, misquoted, ridiculed or used out of context on AEGPF. roll

2 users like this post: Araratgold, Jaros

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site