GPZ 7000 for sale

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Minelab GPZ 7000. Purchased new by me on the 13/04/2016 at Miners Den in Bendigo.

3 and a bit months warranty remaining. Registered with Minelab for warranty purposes. Warranty never required.

Always looked after. Always kept inside. Always travelled in the vehicle with me (never of the back of a ute, etc). Considering the price of them I am sure you understand that it was treated like a very well cared for baby!!

Everything in the attached pics.

Extras include the B&Z Booster and Uniden speaker ($155), a new skid plate ($39) and a hip stick ($55).

I purchased the new skid plate last year with the optimistic outlook that I would wear out the original. That hasnt happened the original is still going strong.

The hipstick is almost unused. It works well but not long after getting it I worked out an easier way to bungy the Z.

The big harness is 100% unused.

As I planned on keeping the Z forever there are a few things missing/misplaced. The original box was quite large and took up room so my wife burnt it.

I gave the Koss headphones to another forum member as I did not like them and would have never used them. They are pretty poor headphones so dont be concerned.

The direct battery terminal recharger and the various international plug adapters. I have never used them and they have become misplaced somewhere. I can order some new ones and provide them to the new owner if they really, really must have them.

The x-change 2 software CD is here somewhere in the house with 3000 other CDs. This is available for download through the Minelab website so not an issue.

The dust ferrite was lost about 2 months ago whilst detecting. I will be getting another next week so will be provided with the machine.

Why I am selling. For several months I have nearly put it on the forum to sell but have chickened out each time. I absolutely love the Z but it is not getting the use that such a machine needs to get value for money and my time availability is not going to change for a couple of years at least.

So, whilst it still has some warranty left it might as well go to a new loving home and get some use.

This is not a forced sale and I am in no rush to sell so please dont give me a low ball offer thinking that Im desperate.

Cash or direct deposit only. Please dont bother asking about PayPal, C.O.D, etc.

There are a few things missing but a few extras thrown in as well.

Serial numbers available to serious buyers.

I am not keen to post but if the buyer really wants to then postage and insurance will be at their expense.

I will be in the GT next week (not detecting) and would be happy to deliver within 100 ks of Bendigo.

$7,900 Negotiable but barely.

If it doesn't sell the worst thing that will happen is that I get to keep it :D

Any other questions please post them up here as I might be answering someone else's question too. Or PM if you want to fly under the radar.

1546666944_gpz_pic_1.jpg

1546666944_gpz_pic_2.jpg

The bottom of the coil without skid plate on.

HI NG.

Very undecided about that at this stage. I have the Equinox which has scratched the itch as far as getting out and swinging something - coins and stuff. But it is not the same as finding raw gold in the ground.

But I am finding that I can do that for 30 minutes here, 2 hrs there without it impacting too much on the family.

I am thinking of something like a 4500 or even a QED. Probably leaning towards a QED for the light weight, wireless, cheaper, value for money side of things.

But a GPX with auto ground tracking, Minelab reliability - aarrgghh :argh: Too many options!!

If you are interested in a swap then I would consider it depending on the age, extras, what coils you've got, price, etc.

PM me if you want to talk turkey. I also have another idea that might interest you ;)

Northeast said:
Probably leaning towards a QED for the light weight, wireless, cheaper, value for money side of things.
Unless you need the money or have an injury that the GPZ weight upsets then I think you'd regret selling the GPZ for a QED. I sold mine for similar reasons & put the extra money elsewhere but still regretted it nonetheless.
The QED isn't wireless either unless you use an external speaker set up attached to the detector. Most of these have limited or no volume control unless used with a booster.
To achieve wireless for headphones you need to find a RF or Bluetooth system that is compatible - I tried many & found only one any good which was Seinnheiser RS-160 Kleer wireless headphone system. It was the only system that maintained a constant audible background threshold - others seemed to "cycle" between threshold then nothing or had very low audio. Finding the right system to suit can be costly as a lot of info on making the QED wireless isn't accurate IMO + those systems that do work well can be expensive. It can be very hit & miss.
The QED is a capable little machine but isn't without it's own nuances - it ain't perfect either. Good luck with your decision. :Y:

NorthEast

I could be interested but am short $$$ for about a month... May be able to do in 2 weeks but I guess first in best dressed...

Theres a bit of action in here today!

Mbasko - Im certainly hearing you. I know it is a step backwards but it is a cost vs use scenario. I also know that I have got a decent price on it for a second hand unit - but I dont need to sell it and wont be terribly disappointed if I dont ;)
If it did sell I would look at a QED or even an older Minelab to run a large coil and do some genuine electronic prospecting rather than just going over old workings. I have met Reg W a few times and if he would help me Im sure we could get something working for me. A Bluetooth Tx/Rx unit and an external speaker with an SP01 would be my aim. I hate headphones for some reason.

AF - thanks for the comment. Yes, it is a very well cared for machine.

AM - I do have one interested party but he is having trouble convincing the boss :lol: If nothing has transpired Im sure we can work something out when youre ready.

Thanks for all the comments :Y:

Northeast said:
Theres a bit of action in here today!

Mbasko - Im certainly hearing you. I know it is a step backwards but it is a cost vs use scenario. I also know that I have got a decent price on it for a second hand unit - but I dont need to sell it and wont be terribly disappointed if I dont ;)
If it did sell I would look at a QED or even an older Minelab to run a large coil and do some genuine electronic prospecting rather than just going over old workings. I have met Reg W a few times and if he would help me Im sure we could get something working for me. A Bluetooth Tx/Rx unit and an external speaker with an SP01 would be my aim. I hate headphones for some reason.

AF - thanks for the comment. Yes, it is a very well cared for machine.

AM - I do have one interested party but he is having trouble convincing the boss :lol: If nothing has transpired Im sure we can work something out when youre ready.

Thanks for all the comments :Y:

The boss here has yet to be advised but there is some wiggle room. I may only get out a couple of time in a year at best for a day or two; as beach and water hunts are my main focus and even then that is one a day or 2 a month if i am lucky......

Status
Not open for further replies.