I'm Back And Have Some Great Finds!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome buckle Lisa. And that other thingy under the half penny looks a bit rude. any idea what that is to those who don't have dirty minds?!

It looks like a keyhole plate off a trunk or something similar. If it was near the ornamental one on the previous page, they may have been off the same trunk. That one looks like a decorative piece to me.

Some great finds there but the cricket buckle is a beauty. Im thinking the bearded England player depicted on the buckle would appear to be a representation of W.G.Grace. Grace is considered to be one of the founding fathers of modern test cricket. Check his profile and picture Wikipedia. Bazz.

Thanks all. Lisa is blown away the interest the buckle has created. Anyone know if these were an item regular public could buy at the time or were they given to the acual players of the side?

Found a few cricket buckles in Central Victoria, I believe they were available to the public back in the day.
Your getting some nice finds there tailormarc :Y:

Well out and about on the weekend. Lots of pennies that i dont photograph any more. Dated 1851-1935 and these...
Back at the spot i found the 1917 french coin i found this. Maybe ww1 bring back too?
Untitled by Marc Russo, on Flickr

Then my oldest coin to date....

My oldest coin to date 1851 by Marc Russo, on Flickr

My oldest coin to date 1851 by Marc Russo, on Flickr

Then a capsule pendant silver thing..

cleaned up with a threepence i found that day too.
All cleaned up by Marc Russo, on Flickr

I like your cleaning video Marc.
I have just been using citric acid and baking powder on my silvers and leaving the pennies but I think I will invest in a tumbler so I can bring the coppers up a bit better too.
Do you coat the coins after final cleaning with anything?
Also where can I get the jeweler mix, I have read some of the Ebay ones are crap.

LORD said:
I like your cleaning video Marc.
I have just been using citric acid and baking powder on my silvers and leaving the pennies but I think I will invest in a tumbler so I can bring the coppers up a bit better too.
Do you coat the coins after final cleaning with anything?
Also where can I get the jeweler mix, I have read some of the Ebay ones are crap.

Thanks mate, nah dont coat them after cleaning. Most stay looking great but a couple go green sadly.
I got mine off ebay but payed $60 for a kg of it. Maybe the more expensive stuff is better

Well back to the spot i found the sovereign just to re check the area. Found a few more bits and just as i was leaving a sovereign case!!! Need to check around for more Sovs!!!!

Sovereign holder by Marc Russo, on Flickr

Sovereign holder by Marc Russo, on Flickr

Latest posts