Nokta Fors Gold + information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its the best time here in Darwin,Because of the heat,and the EMI is lots Better,and the ground is a seems lot less noisy when it cools.

Had a short stint with the FG+ this weekend gone round Hill End NSW....no probs on the ground balance, very stable and very sensitive. Which could be expected for a 19khz machine.
No gold found, but very limited time with it, and due to the crowds up there....was not giving up my main spots. :lol:

The FG+ now distances itself from both the core, and FG. No, it has no vibrating handle. It does however have the new FST program which i felt was very snappy on sub gram test pieces sitting amongst the ironstone.
The 10x5"coil it comes with certainly makes it a well balanced machine to operate in scrubby environments, much better than the FG and its 11x7" spider coil. Remember it also comes with the little 5"sniper coil for those looking for the real small stuff.
The optional 10x5"concentric was tested in this location some time back, and proved to be a valuable coil, and is why its offered as an optional coil for this model.

The ISAT function works well on this type of ground, and i found 3 to be the best setting due to the ground mineralization....1 is less SAT while 5 is max.
For those of you who dont fully understand what this function does, its to alter the threshold return speed after finding a target....too much SAT will subtract from your target response. A setting of 1 will give maximum pause to your signal, and in some gold bearing ground, a low setting is desirable.
In highly mineralized ground, a faster setting works better due to the ground causing the detector to react with the ironstone and hotrocks. Remember these are very high gained detectors, this setting along with how you use the gain need to be in sync for best performance.

Both the FST program and the BST program i prefer over the all metal mode, however while using all metal mode, you still get very accurate target display information.
Comboed to the 10x5"concentric coil, and used on certain ground types...typically not the real heavily mineralized ground, you'll get even better target display information as concentrics are a little better with depth, and Disc functionality.
Like the other models in the Nokta/Makro line up, you still get that blendy audio that gives the operator a little edge when he/she becomes acquainted with how these models work in trashy ground. The FG+ retains the same blendy audio however now using 19khz....it has a little more resolution which makes it a little better for unmasking.

Using either of the two Disc programs as i prefer, make it a very handy machine looking for relics in our gold fields. Nokta are learning that while all metal mode is very important, the idea of making Disc programs better suited to gold field hunting is where its now at. This machine works well at doing both, even tho its targeted more towards nugget hunting.

Sounds good! Thanks for the report. Quick question. Is the target id still active in All-Metal mode?

PhaseTech said:
Sounds good! Thanks for the report. Quick question. Is the target id still active in All-Metal mode?

I believe that question was answered:

Narrawa said:
...Both the FST program and the BST program i prefer over the all metal mode, however while using all metal mode, you still get very accurate target display information...

Kicking myself that I headed for the Hills after an early breakfast, I didn't realise it was you in the truck behind me Narrawa.

I would have liked to see it in action. Maybe next time.

Wally69 said:
Kicking myself that I headed for the Hills after an early breakfast, I didn't realise it was you in the truck behind me Narrawa.

I would have liked to see it in action. Maybe next time.
Ok ya got me...where was you parked.?

Nenad,
When using the Nokta models in AM mode...they can be far more active than when used in any of the DISC modes. If the DISC mode does not lock onto a target with adequate signal strength...the TID will not light up, this takes away one of the dilemmas of having to make the decision to dig or not ..leaving you with only one form of information...tone. Most people dig tones, and not TIDs.

When used in AM mode, the TID is far more active, and WILL register on far weaker signals. While its pretty darn good at IDing most items within range...there is, and will always be items misidentifies that are out of range. What that range is...is anybodies guess as you count down the amount of variables.

It was claimed the FG could find gold in trashy areas too, I wouldn't disagree... but... you WILL be digging trash. Anyone claiming these machines can go into trash filled areas and pluck out little nuggets from all the rubbish is living in cloud cookoo land. :) Lumps of melted aluminium as is commonly found in anywhere people camp will register the same sounds and readings as many coins, as does brass objects and certain large iron objects and lead on top of all that. Generally between 82 and 85 with a solid tone. More often 82 than anything.
Other trash can be erratic in the numbers and tones and so can be discounted to a certain extent, but gold rings can do that too, so you have to weigh that up when you choose to ignore it or not. OK this is all on the Fors Gold, but just sayin, the same claims were made at launch. I've found some great stuff with my Fors Gold but I think you should keep it real. Perhaps some videos of little nuggets being pulled from a bunch of trash might be the order of the day?
C

Bugga me!!... :lol:

I'll be up there again this Saturday training/tag along tour. And again the following Saturday. I'll have all the Nokta/Makro models with me if your still about.

Hi Everyone,
I read this Post from "Detector Prospector" Forum!

4 replies to this topic
#1 Fors Gold Plus Maiden Voyage: post #1 californiagold
Silver Member

Members
PipPipPip
79 posts
Posted Yesterday, 06:53 PM
Hello,

I received my test Fors gold plus from Dilek on friday. So had a couple hours saturday to
Try it out. Unfortunately didnt find any color on Saturday. But had a few hours on sunday to redeem my self at a different location. Beings I have tested the last Fors gold last year, I was quite familar with the controls. This new plus fors was really aimed at an attack at the gold bug pro. After a few hours with my new friend, I found out this unit kicks gb pros butt. I ran a gb pro for few years, so I could definitely tell the difference. The new fors plus is similar to original fors, but at 19 khz , it seems to excel. I tried the concentric coil out at a part of the diggings that is pretty mellow ground and snagged a couple microscopic pieces. They hit hard and the target volume wasnt a whisper. I was very impressed. Next I ran the 10" x 5.5 dd coil in the hot mineralization It performed very well. I still run my sens. Up at 80-85. It is a little chirpy on certain hot spots, but otherwise performed flawless. This new coil seems to hit hotter and louder on targets then the last fors gold spiral coil. Even at the edge of the detection field. I did get a chance to try out the isat setting. It seemed the best setting was default 3. For where I was detecting. All in all the new Fors plus is still built very well and balanced great. Fors gold plus and I will have another great year testing. So far 12.2 dwt is a good start. 12.2 dwt total. Bigger piece 10.1 dwt.
http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/uploads/monthly_11_2015/post-764-0-66883800-1448245586.jpg

Hi all,

I have just been down to the post office and picked up a Nokta Fors Gold + :D

Many thanks to Nokta Australia who have supplied the unit for me to do a review. Looking forward to getting out with it! Spewing it's 35, 39 & 40 deg over the next few days argh

Luckily has a light for night time. Detector is on the list for me to buy. But just moved state and need furniture etc first. Says the wife :)

My mate is as keen as for one of these, look forward to the review mate!

nokta fors gold settings, only use in dry shallow creek beds. standard nokta 5 inch coil, and use just the boost mode as is standard no tweaking, also have auto ground track off, same goldfield as above post with qed. :Y: :) :Y:

Latest posts