Minelab Equinox tips and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have a couple of 2A x 12v USB Chargers, but my 240vac/Usb Chargers are the Samsung 1A variety.

Officeworks tell me the 240vac/USB charger below has the Tick inside the Circle/Triangle, showing it meets ML Battery 2A Charging Recommendations, will go ahead and get this $10 unit unless otherwise comments ( Have read ML's comment about cheap online devices included in the detector box)

https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop...-dual-port-wall-charger-2-4a-black-cowcde24bk

i charged my nox on the computer while doing the update.

But really no charger in the box after paying nearly 1k for a detector..

that's cheap to save a few dollars.

mixo

Went to a local park today and the amount of shallow dug, unfilled holes was pretty bad. Whoever had been there had just left the rubbish lying around.
I'm going to give up on the parks at this rate.

1546163375_20181230_180809.jpg

These dainty dandy new detector shovels with the long handles are the type item will get our parks shut down for sure. Shovels are for outside city limits private properties, etc, not parks. I saw one guy using a bulb planter with long handle out in a public park once. Less is more for detectorists for being left unobserved while out detecting. At one time when I was detecting several days a week I was real proficient with a coin probe and could pop a coin most the time out of the ground without any hole to speak of, but its a harder thing to use.

I had a swing this arvo. Just looking for some maccas coins. :) I can't believe how many screw tops and bottle tops give off a solid 21-22-23 with the Equinox.

Went for a swing through the end of the mountains/ Bathurst. I set the nox on 21-23 just to look for goldies. Now I stopped at one small park where through the year thousands would lunch. I only pulled good solid signals and came up with 17 flat screw tops and one sunbaker $2. I gueass a CTX user has been there. Same story in the several spots I tried in Bathurst, not a single goldie just screwtop after screw top giving solit 21-22/22-23 signals. :(
My Advice to anyone in Bathurst thinking of buying a detector for parks is to buy a CTX 30-30. You will only be digging trash with the nox.
Just confirms my need for a CTX.

Dont bother digging the ones that switch to 23 when using the wiggle back technique also try from different angles. Only dig 20..21..22...You may miss 1 or 2 goldies but you will dig alot less screw caps :) :Y: Using this technique you will rarely dig a cap....There are other ways as well but this works for me. :)

Must be something with my machine. 80% of those screw tops were solid 21-22's with the wiggle back. Nearly all the $1 coins I picked my last trip were 22-23"s and scetchy to start with till I locked onto them and then still iffy for some. :|