Park detecting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mixo said:
I cheap pin pointer from ebay for begin with. Yes i know i probably pay twice but hey thats what happens when you are a poor bastard..

But I don't want to skimp on a digger( i have done it with gardening and it sucks) but still tossing up to buy the blade or get the shovel version.

Anyway be at the beach from the 26th so I wont be doing to many parks, so might pick something up in the new year.

Still keen to know people experiences with diggers and what works and what doesn't.

mixo

90% of the time i use my Lesche hand digger( same sort of thing as the Tyger)
I ONLY use my shovel style digger in paddocks (never in a park)
Sand scoop for the beach :Y:

mixo said:
I cheap pin pointer from ebay for begin with. Yes i know i probably pay twice but hey thats what happens when you are a poor bastard..

But I don't want to skimp on a digger( i have done it with gardening and it sucks) but still tossing up to buy the blade or get the shovel version.

Anyway be at the beach from the 26th so I wont be doing to many parks, so might pick something up in the new year.

Still keen to know people experiences with diggers and what works and what doesn't.

mixo

The beach is a good place to practise , early mornings & just on dark

Take note of where everyone sits ...!

1544937034_scoop.jpg
mixo said:

mixo

The beach is a good place to practise , early mornings & just on dark

Take note of where everyone sits ...!

I use to use this ( pictured below ) when I first started doing some beaches

It might need a bit of TLC otherwise you could remove the handle and just use it as a hand scoop

Either way , you are welcome to have it if you like
1544937062_scoop_2.jpg
1544937097_scoop_3.jpg

yes got a pin pointer.

Made the mistake and bought a scoop from ebay looked big in the picture but was small when it arrived. Looks good quality just not as big as i have seen on here and on youtube...made in Australia some guy in kilsyth (ROE)

mixo

Im northern suburbs melbourne.

I wish i was closer to the beach but i'm not so after new year will be hitting the parks hard..

mixo

I got my pin pointer today and destroyed it in 5 minutes!

Did not read the instructions correctly(installing the battery) and smashed the little switch inside and ripped the cables off the main board!

Too late to order another before xmas and the jaycar one people are having issues with...

bugger

mixo

mixo said:
I got my pin pointer today and destroyed it in 5 minutes!

Did not read the instructions correctly(installing the battery) and smashed the little switch inside and ripped the cables off the main board!

Too late to order another before xmas and the jaycar one people are having issues with...

bugger

mixo

what did you do the battery lid/cap with ?.................

an impact driver :power: :bomb:

You guys are hard to please.

The unit was not at fault.it was the idiot user who can't read instructions.

I pulled the whole guts of it out then inserted it back but did it wrong and it jammed in there the wrong way.when I pulled it out again the switch broke and I striped the wires off.

Off to Jaycar today to see if the have this microswitch.

Cheap can sometime mean good too!..

Mixo

Its no problem probably order a new one next year.it was only 30 bucks

Just pissed at myself!

davetheaviator said:
Hi,
I have a xterra dual pack looking to go and have a swing around local parks. Im in western Sydney Windsor area any suggestions as Im new havent used it yet and would like to find something anything..
cheers
Dave
Hi Dave, Ive recently started in parks and ovals , I dont carry a shovel of any description, only 2 screw drivers and a round edge scraper , with my detector and pinpointer, be prepared for snide remarks, the other afternoon I was minding my own business and a chap and his girlfriend said, thats all we need is a park full of holes..... I felt like running over and asking him wheres all the holes but I just kept doing my own thing , be prepared for comments from people who have no clue how we do things now!

just came back from holidays in SA.

Total find in coins on beaches 22 cents!

Now the beaches i went to , not many people on them and they where clean i.e no ring tabs but a few molten drink cans.

So not much luck out there.

mixo

Latest posts