Pre-forming Cab & facet

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ive just finished plastic printing a set of special radius cams to suit the Gemmasta performer. It works on the arcs of different circles to create opposing curves and a set of opposing curves at right angles to the first. Or rounded square and rectangles. They will also do marquise, pear shape, and trilliant.
After shaping with squares and rectangles you still need to make radius corners by hand faceting and rubbing over or hand grinding for cabbing.
This is another one of my long time projects that is now completed and should speed up the faceting of these shapes greatly.
To make a complete cam in the shape required I use a dop that holds a cam blank and I preform a cam using the radius cam sets. At present this will make a radius using 30mm, 35mm, 50mm, and 60mm circles.
I received yet another warning regarding self promotion of my ideas and inventions so this is not intended as an advertisement. I just think that great ideas and good lap discoveries shouldn't be kept locked away never to be seen or discussed. There may be a small financial gain further down the track but this is small stuff.
Its only out of the machine an hour and what no sales yet. dammmmmmmm

1416316282_radius_cams.jpg

1416316379_cam.jpg

rough2cut said:
Just to clarify It wasn't a warning from this forum .......you know where from.

No, not really :) I do recall someone at ALF saying they had been cautioned by administration for promoting their own invention but that was someone using a different handle to you.

Must just be a conincidence. Do you like the cam idea. Ive passed on the info to Andrew at Gemmasta to use if viable, afterall its his performer.
This is just another step to reduce the amount of time to cut a stone and still maintaine a very high standard. Just helping to slow the march to China.

This looks like a good idea and will be a useful addition to the cams provided with the Gemmasta performer. Anything to accurately speed up preforming will be a benefit. nice one R2C

Don't worry Lefty my Mums coming over soon to be my camera person so I can put my stuff on you Tube. Also available on DVD at the incredible price of..... but wait theres more. Im hoping to host a few faceting jam sessions here soon and next year a few open days.

Let me know who would be interested.

Latest posts