I'm Back And Have Some Great Finds!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eldorado said:
Marc,how did you clean those copper Brittannia pennies? They look awesome.

I use a rock tumbler, bought some stainlesss steel jewlers mix media to go in the tumbler, water half way, few caps of CLR and a squirt of detergent. Tumble for 2 hours at a time wash out and repeat till clean like new

Ship of fools said:
Congratulations on the sovereign!
Very well deserved and very inspirational, (although you are inspiring with every post!)
Matt T

Cheers Matt! yep thats why i cant part with the sov. The amount of people/shires, gov depts ive contacted to get permissions and all the research ive put in and lots war items ive given back to familys it was like the universe gave it to me as a reward. I was offered $2500 just recently, more than i think it worth but couldnt sell it
Thanks again mate :)

Well hit up a location on the old maps listed as "Railway purposes" ive seen a few times while driving around a town in the wheatbelt but was way to overgrown to detect. Lucky now the shire has been in a mowed or wipper snipped it. We have been making some really good finds as i think it was the location of the stationmasters house.
In total 4 really old padlocks oldest dated to 1890's-1910 and others up to 1930's
Also got a musket ball , coins and the standout find a GSRY's (1886-1896) reversible tag. Lots more there but its been brutal hot so can only get a few hours in a time.

Untitled by Marc Russo, on Flickr

Strait out the ground by Marc Russo, on Flickr

cleaned up...
Cleaned up by Marc Russo, on Flickr

that brooch is a killer one very sweet find and I also like that hat pin

nice way to start the year :)

You never cease to amaze Tailormarc.Loving the brooch and hat pin.What is the brass tap looking thing?