Today I MADE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gday all got my son to come over and we carried it inside took the shelves out put it on a big thick blanket and slid it on the tiles to its home looks very nice Im sure the missus will add a few more kilos with all here bits and pieces she wants to put on it cheers Muk.

Muk said:
Gday all got my son to come over and we carried it inside took the shelves out put it on a big thick blanket and slid it on the tiles to its home looks very nice Im sure the missus will add a few more kilos with all here bits and pieces she wants to put on it cheers Muk.

A very impressive build :Y:

When you find that extra large weighty nugget , it will be strong enough to hold ..!

Today I made plans to buy a new pair of headphones for my new metal detector, from my local Jaycar Electronics shop on Boxing Day, in the meantime, I've got two pairs of high-quality headphones I can use, one is a Focusrite Scarlett Studio HP60 Mk II, and the other is an Audio Technica ATH-M30x, both with 6.5mm to 3.5mm stereo adaptors, they are both pro quality headphones that are normally used in music production studios, I happen to have a small computer-based music production studio set up in a spare bedroom in my new flat, hence the reason why I have those headphones, I do realize that you don't necessarily need very high quality headies for metal detecting though.

Simon_49 said:
Today I made plans to buy a new pair of headphones for my new metal detector, from my local Jaycar Electronics shop on Boxing Day, in the meantime, I've got two pairs of high-quality headphones I can use, one is a Focusrite Scarlett Studio HP60 Mk II, and the other is an Audio Technica ATH-M30x, both with 6.5mm to 3.5mm stereo adaptors, they are both pro quality headphones that are normally used in music production studios, I happen to have a small computer-based music production studio set up in a spare bedroom in my new flat, hence the reason why I have those headphones, I do realize that you don't necessarily need very high quality headies for metal detecting though.
Well you made plans, so that counts :playful:

Well tried to make a pic head yesterday.... But using the Bogan forge
1548045378_img_20190121_1772.jpg

And too many of these
1548045409_img_20190121_10770.jpg

I forgot to normalize the steel first and cooled it to fast so it just shattered like glas :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :beer:
So today I tried again.
Cut the spring steel heated it/then welded it while it was still hottish,then let it cool slowly in sand.
1548045791_img_20190121_5178.jpg
1548045814_img_20190121_24638.jpg
1548045830_img_20190121_40517.jpg
1548045846_img_20190121_54561.jpg
1548045863_img_20190121_2507.jpg
1548045877_img_20190121_10785.jpg

Just put it on an old axe handle I had laying around.Been smashing it around and it's a solid beast :) Time to take the Nox to my little gold spot and look for some pickers :lol: :Y:

Cheers guys .
It would have looked the part with a nice new wooden handle but I need to swing it hard and that handle was being unused so it will do the job.
Yes Makka
The safety boots work well mate except when a hot bit of weld drops between the toes :lol: :8 :Y:

Darn Dave the orange ones at the top right look like they would work well. The blue ones with the pink would probably do ok down my way.

They all work if you put em on front of the fish!
My favorite one is the green, sell twice as many as the others! :playful:

You look like you really know what you are doing,you could run fishing charters.

Prospecting Australia & Fishing Charters N.T. :D

Latest posts