beer fridge

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shakergt said:
I am not keen on the idea of drilling holes in my fridge but for those of you who might be sponsored by ARB or have plenty of money here is a way to do your own tap beer.

https://mr4x4.com.au/the-best-4wd-modification-ever-beer-on-tap/

Sorry I did not see this until now, But I'm with you there is no way would I go drilling holes in my fridge, I love everything about it and the thought of doing that to a perfectly good fridge does not sit well with me, I have been know to have the odd beer but my fridge is sacred, lol,

I am going to buy the big one at the end of the month, That's a combined resource of 192 Cans :playful: :beer: :Y:

I don't have a Drink problem coz I never run out, :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RR.

cans can be a !@#$%^ in a fridge on rough roads so I rarely put cans of anything in there.
I often use those thin (~5mm) sheets of packing foam between 6packs of stubbies & a thick block of it on top if its not full. I take some spare with me for when the quantity of stubbies drops. I have considered taking a small lounge cushion for this purpose but haven't needed to.
The idea of a couple of small kegs sounds good, but I too cringe at the thought of putting holes in my beloved fridge :awful:
If I win lotto & buy a RAM1500 & a large spare fridge I might consider it :beer: :beer: :playful:

Ded Driver said:
cans can be a !@#$%^ in a fridge on rough roads so I rarely put cans of anything in there.
I often use those thin (~5mm) sheets of packing foam between 6packs of stubbies & a thick block of it on top if its not full. I take some spare with me for when the quantity of stubbies drops. I have considered taking a small lounge cushion for this purpose but haven't needed to.
The idea of a couple of small kegs sounds good, but I too cringe at the thought of putting holes in my beloved fridge :awful:
If I win lotto & buy a RAM1500 & a large spare fridge I might consider it :beer: :beer: :playful:

If the going gets rough those polystyrene ceiling tiles in the bottom of the basket and between the rows works wonders, either that or neoprene, Thinking about what you said I think your spot on,, it might be better to put them in there when you arrive,

I have tested the life out of mine but it is impossible to simulate an Aussie Track vibration test, to be honest I never thought about it until you said about it, So thanks for that. :Y:

1 point tho RR, I was talking about the plastic foam (makes no noise). I hate polystyrene & that SQUEEEEEEEEEAK.
I usually start with 2 or 3 x6packs of (cold) beer plus a couple of bottles of water, & a bit of dead animal, then as I use the beer & water I just keep replacing them from the carton.
If I run out of steak I can live on dry bread & can food, & a tea bag takes care of drinking warm water (from the 20L) if I have too, but my beer MUST be cold ;)

to clarify, pictured is a thin sheet of bubble wrap & a 2.5mm plastic foam sheet.
My fridge is also anchored on a slab of the closed cell dense foam matt from Bunnings, as is my new auxiliary battery.
I have a large 'TUFF' box that I put my detector coils in lined with foam matting, & the coils are separated by foam matts & packed with a bit of bubble wrap for travelling.
1545227923_img_20181219_214938_reduced.jpg

Ded Driver said:
1 point tho RR, I was talking about the plastic foam (makes no noise). I hate polystyrene & that SQUEEEEEEEEEAK.
I usually start with 2 or 3 x6packs of (cold) beer plus a couple of bottles of water, & a bit of dead animal, then as I use the beer & water I just keep replacing them from the carton.
If I run out of steak I can live on dry bread & can food, & a tea bag takes care of drinking warm water (from the 20L) if I have too, but my beer MUST be cold ;)

Yeah I like that plastic foam but it is hard to find, It's very durable stuff unlike that poly stuff, We need a Fridge "HowToo" thread coz we all use em and have our own ways of using or setting them up, That's some good info you have there, Round Items like cans and bottles don't behave in a big square hole like a fridge,

Although that Guy drilled 2 holes in his fridge for 2 kegs it still leaves the other half of the fridge for food etc and as nice as that set up is, I still would not drill holes In mine, I worked hard to pay for it and I had a devil of a job trying to get the National Luna/Engel agent to contact me so in the end I went with ARB, They done me a great Deal on the 47L and it just does all I ask of it and now they have even done me a mega deal on the 78L. can't wait to get that one because my food containers fit in it perfectly. :Y: