Accesssing creeks on private property

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you only have to submit a notice of entry in south oz, wait 21 days, then access for 12 months, with certain restictions, been doing it this way for 25 yrs. up until recently you had to have el holders permission, but new changes were made in 2007 from memory, and now not needed. anyway thats how i do it, and will continue too to it the proper way through pirsa. :Y:

If you look at the original maps, they had mines mapped out and also sections of land that was accessible between farming land to travel to other parts of the country.
The farmers have been cunning and sneaky over many years to take away the fencing for these access areas.
Isn't that stealing from the Crown?

when you take the time to drive out there to ask for access permision, and your met with a phsyco nut job cocky, nothing gives me great pleasure then sending them a notice of entry, how id love to be a fly on the wall on mail day. they have the rite to drag you through wardens court but that gets taken care of in 4 to 6 weeks. the problem i seem to come accross is 80 percent of cockys thinks it there land too a tee, but a search on the lands title site tells you that they only lease it, lol go figure. ]:D

Trusted said:
If you look at the original maps, they had mines mapped out and also sections of land that was accessible between farming land to travel to other parts of the country.
The farmers have been cunning and sneaky over many years to take away the fencing for these access areas.
Isn't that stealing from the Crown?
In NSW a lot of these Crown Roads (or paper roads) have either been sold off or closed to save government agencies from maintenance costs. They are supposed to now advertise & give time for objections before selling or closing any Crown/Paper roads now but it was done under the radar a few years ago.
Farmers can also apply for an Enclosure Permit in NSW so as they can enclose Crown/Paper roads for grazing purposes. They are supposed to still allow for access though.

Due research is key. :)
This is why the folks at Nerrigundah get so upset.
Extract is from 6 Maps. A very handy tool.
1545356930_nerrigundah.jpg

Six is only a guide, as you can see part of the public road has a boundary over it... I have been told by a fellow who does this stuff for a living that it is way out of being accurate.... You need to use GPS co-ords to be spot-on....

LW....

grumpygold said:
when you take the time to drive out there to ask for access permision, and your met with a phsyco nut job cocky, nothing gives me great pleasure then sending them a notice of entry, how id love to be a fly on the wall on mail day. they have the rite to drag you through wardens court but that gets taken care of in 4 to 6 weeks. the problem i seem to come accross is 80 percent of cockys thinks it there land too a tee, but a search on the lands title site tells you that they only lease it, lol go figure. ]:D
if you rent a house and someone walks around that's trespassing leasing is still renting so you have the right not to let people in

savage bitter said:
grumpygold said:
if you rent a house and someone walks around that's trespassing leasing is still renting so you have the right not to let people in
not in this state you dont even property owners can be sent a notice of entry just a bit different process, farmers only lease or own only the surface rights or a certain depth, then its free rain after that depth, even the land your house is on has the same surface rules, ive been through wardens court dozens of times im very very familiar with sa mineral rights. p.s. cant go within 100m of dwellings or sundry buildings ect, also includes water and feed. :Y:

savage bitter said:
grumpygold said:
That's how it works in NSW.
If you have a land lease over Crown Land then it's treated as private property. You need to get permission from the land leaseholder to gain access.
I can see both sides of it but would like to see some type of an application/agreement to enter leased Crown Land in NSW.

theyve actualy made it easier for prospectors here, before law changes, you had to have the el companies permission as well not no more, only time they come into play now is if you go to the next step to register a mineral claim, which thier permission is required. i agree with mbasko :100: percent would be good to have a access form set up, would definately free up the wardens court a fair bit for sure. :Y:

grumpygold said:
theres actualy companies who have els over the whole of towns, lots on wa and vic :Y:
same in qld a mining company can put a claim in you can fight it but you will not win better off making a deal with the company and profit rather than give it all to lawyers and loose many out my way have clearing contacts or top soil contracts for the mines and just give up farming sometimes its a better life normaly fueled by drought :Y:

Spinkled said:
What about accessing a creek under a road bridge?
I don't want to go up the creek into their property. I just want to play under the bridge.

If you do not need to cross any boundary/fence then one would presume it is OK - just don't go digging the bridge supports out :cool:
This is entirely presuming the road over is public too.

Edit: Sorry just saw ctx's update!

I posted similar response here somewhere.....
A lot of bridges in new have a boundary area owned by the council/RMS etc.
And a lot of illegally attached fences to them from the adjoining properties.
The fence generally should be run parrael with the bridge and road at a particular distance from it down towards the creek/river.
Your options to access...
* go door knock and ask if you can jump the fence! ( best option)
* ask the local council/ authority of the distance they own from the bridge, and top the fence staying within the distance.
Most farmers will let you, and you have shown them respect and responsibility.
But be prepared to be challenged by hoping the fence. Even if legal to do so.