New newbie - Canberra

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Im yet another NEWBIE and my name is Jase.

I saw a couple of guys prospecting when I was 4 years old down near Batemans Bay NSW and I gave been mesmerised ever since. Im now 33 and Ive had an incredibly adventurous life up until now.
I joined SASR in the Army which allowed me to qualift shortly before being medically discharged due to a previously diagnosed anxiety disorder when I was 18. I was deemed a high PTSD risk and the rest is history.

Prior to that I was a systems test analyst and after departing the Army I managed a ski shop, archery shop and bike shop. Im back working for the Government as a national security consultant.

I used to race as a paid junior professional cyclist on the Aussie team and Ive done a lot of deer hunting, back country survival and hiking. All of the exploring has put me onto some excellent and untrodden trails where Ive found gold and gems.

Ive decided to sell about $4k of unused bicycles and bows to pay for a prospecting setup which will include a Walbanker (Wal n Lizs videos are so inspirational) and a minelab equinox 800.

Im new but Ive been researching like crazy and Ive stumbled across some cool treasures but mapped them instead of taking them. I guess I realised that I cant really haul a lucrative stash without the gear...

Anyhoo, Im excited to be here and Im loving the forum - its a wealth of knowledge and Im honestly surprised but stoked that people share so much information.

I reckon Ill gear up in the next few weeks and then Ill start posting a bit more. In the interim Im fitting diff locks and the PTO winch to my 60 series 2h cruiser so that Im ready to get out there when the gear arrives.

P.S. Im interested in gold, gems and fossils.

Cheers,

Jase

Welcome to the forum Jase,
I'm also from Canberra.
See you on the creek :)

Welcome Jase,have a second thought about buying a Walbanker because you can't use one with a pump attached in NSW anymore.Ok in Victoria but not here in NSW.

Welcome aboard Jase the members on here are very generous with there knowledge, enjoy
Jim

Latest posts