umm...Hi

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madtuna

Only owns one toaster
Reaction score
Hello all,

My name is Steve, and I am an alchoholic.

oops wrong meeting!

Actually, I'm not an alchoholic I am a fulltime prospector though I still concider myself a hobbiest.

I live in the scrub near Laverton WA and I am part of the Nuggets From DownUnder crew.

Looking forward to reading some interesting posts and adventures and hopefully will be able to share a few myself.

Cheers,

Steve

Welcome Steve, I hope to see you around.

Please feel free to invite your prospecting buddies to join also.

madtuna said:
Hello all,

My name is Steve, and I am an alchoholic.

oops wrong meeting!

Actually, I'm not an alchoholic I am a fulltime prospector though I still concider myself a hobbiest.

I live in the scrub near Laverton WA and I am part of the Nuggets From DownUnder crew.

Looking forward to reading some interesting posts and adventures and hopefully will be able to share a few myself.

Cheers,

Steve
Haha Steve youve come a long way since way back when it was 2012.
You know Posts dont just have to be lewd to be deleted without warning or explanation... they just need to be old.
Phoof, see how long it stays this time. :|

Hey Miss Pot,

yep, not sure why as old threads get revived all the time.

The first gold forum I joined was back in 2004. Some I've joined have just died, some have disappeared, a few I've quit through toxic members, bad moderation or over moderation and some I've just lost the address to.

This on the whole is the best and most active so about the only one I frequent now a days.

Flowerpot said:
Yes Simmo I did, but it was removed almost instantly by a moderator??
When I enquired as to why, I was eventually told it was because it was an old thread? Why being old has to do with anything I do not know? So I have reposted, just because. :D

Maybe old post get deleted to save band with, server space .. I'm guessing this forum has a set limit, so if it's no longer active, out she goes.

Skip said:
Flowerpot said:
Yes Simmo I did, but it was removed almost instantly by a moderator??
When I enquired as to why, I was eventually told it was because it was an old thread? Why being old has to do with anything I do not know? So I have reposted, just because. :D

Maybe old post get deleted to save band with, server space .. I'm guessing this forum has a set limit, so if it's no longer active, out she goes.
Dunno about that Skip, old posts are revived all the time with people looking for info etc. I commented on tunas post because it was a funny intro.
Perhaps Jaros can tell me himself why he chose to delete it, then the mystery will be no more :(

Hi Jaros,
Yes I was told it was deleted because it was an old post, now it's an old, old post,
but what I don't understand is, what IS it about being an 'old post' that you deemed it not able to be re-post worthy?
Many old posts are brought back from the dead for learning and info and laughs.
By understanding why an old thread can't be revisited, I will know the rules and try to not make the mistake again.
Just because it's old, old doesn't tell me enough.

When the thread disappeared I initially spoke to tuna because I thought I may have offended him by reposting baahahahahahaaaaaa nope... impossible to offend.

I do hope your recovery is coming along well Jaros, I'm not trying to cause you any more stress. :flowers: :D
old Flowerpot :D

Don't you think you are wasting your and my time with this "topic". It's going nowhere and is a waste of my time. It is going to be closed very soon so that I/we can do more useful things. :)

Flowerpot said:
Hi Jaros,
Yes I was told it was deleted because it was an old post, now it's an old, old post,
but what I don't understand is, what IS it about being an 'old post' that you deemed it not able to be re-post worthy?
Many old posts are brought back from the dead for learning and info and laughs.
By understanding why an old thread can't be revisited, I will know the rules and try to not make the mistake again.
Just because it's old, old doesn't tell me enough.

When the thread disappeared I initially spoke to tuna because I thought I may have offended him by reposting baahahahahahaaaaaa nope... impossible to offend.

I do hope your recovery is coming along well Jaros, I'm not trying to cause you any more stress. :flowers: :D
old Flowerpot :D

Jaros is one moderator to avoid, even when you avoid him. Nothing against you Jaros.
Is a moderator fit to be a moderator when he keeps getting on the wrong foot with members, thats the question?

As you can see, I am not a yes man. I play it as I see it and I do not have to be on the "right" side of members to do what needs to be done. Getting on the wrong foot with some members is part of the way things go on a forum.

Jaros said:
Don't you think you are wasting your and my time with this "topic". It's going nowhere and is a waste of my time. It is going to be closed very soon so that I/we can do more useful things. :)
No Im not wasting my time, sorry to be wasting yours tho Jaros. :(
Asking questions is usually a pretty good way to find an answer.
Your non-answer as to why a thread is deemed too old has left me none the wiser and so I apologise in advance if I break the rules, (that I dont know) and post on another old thread some time that will need to be removed because its too old.
Feel free to wield your power and close the thread.

Sorry I killed your thread mr tuna. ]:D

Don,t worry miss pots it all Steves fault he gets us all into trouble ,aye mate . And sometimes people have a bad day
Jim

Latest posts