⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trip to Hill End a few weeks back for some R&R.

Pictures work for me! Gold was scarce but its a great spot to stay. Glendora Camp area.

1544572258_sluice_creek_2.jpg

Plenty of rain stopped detecting but could not stop a play in the Tambaroora Creek in semi flood, nothing much to show for the effort.

1544572397_sluice_creek_1.jpg

Not a fan of this sluice, I think an aluminium one with proper riffles and matting would hold the gold more secure. Im more of a high banker man and shovel till you can not lift the shovel any more. Volume = GOLD. Alas my banker and Honda pump sit idle!

1544572427_sluice_creek_3.jpg

1544572456_bald_hill_lookout.jpg

Old gold mining relic on Bald Hill.

1544572524_bald_hill_hill_end_view.jpg

View towards Hill End from Bald Hill lookout.

1544572609_gold_on_10c.jpg

Two days for nought then this one showed up, GPZ 10\11 inches deep I reckon.

1544572694_scales.jpg

Weighed.

1544572737_daybreak_1.jpg

Daybreak at the Cassilis rest area after an overnight stay on the way home. Set off before the idiots hit the road!

1544572822_daybreak_2.jpg

1544572842_total_gold_on_5c.jpg

Any trip away from "normal life" is good but a bit of gold sweetens the whole experience. SDC for the tiny stuff.

Love reading everyone's show and tell stories, keep it up!

Cheers

RS

Hi Nothing great,

I have been looking at buying SDC 2300

Only because it is lite to carry around all day,

And easy to use,

From what I have read about the gpx 4500 is they are a lot harder to master,

Goody :)

Well I finally have cracked my first century of nuggets. Never in my wildest dreams did I think that would be possible back in August when I started looking for a second hand detector and joined this forum. Its been an incredible few months since my first two weeks of trudging around the hills of Beaufort in between snow falls and hail storms for nothing but bullets. Joining this forum and gathering information from much more experienced operators has been terrific.
Not to mention all the great people we get to meet here.
Anyway cheers to all the guys here that have given me advice.
1544688613_2018-12-13_18.46.52.jpg

Nothing Great said:
Well I finally have cracked my first century of nuggets. Never in my wildest dreams did I think that would be possible back in August when I started looking for a second hand detector and joined this forum. Its been an incredible few months since my first two weeks of trudging around the hills of Beaufort in between snow falls and hail storms for nothing but bullets. Joining this forum and gathering information from much more experienced operators has been terrific.
Not to mention all the great people we get to meet here.
Anyway cheers to all the guys here that have given me advice.

The poor folk of Beaufort have been really concerned about recent earth tremors.

They've mistaken the ground shaking stampede of rapidly approaching prospectors for the prequel to a massive earthquake.

Stay off NGs patch you rascals and turn around lol :p :lol:

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dIBL4tYQPI[/video]

:koala: :koala: :koala: :koala: :koala: :koala: :koala:

goody2shoes said:
Hi Nothing great,

I have been looking at buying SDC 2300

Only because it is lite to carry around all day,

And easy to use,

From what I have read about the gpx 4500 is they are a lot harder to master,

Goody :)

Goody, the SDC is easy to setup and get going but it's not light to carry all day. It's an awkward machine to handle. I usually end up feeling it in the hand, wrist and shoulder so before too long I happily back swinging the 4500.

You'll find a 4500 with a standard 11" mono coil easier to swing and the setup only gets complicated if you go looking for more settings. As long as you have a couple of switches preset like Mono, Enhanced and Fixed Tracking. You can hold down the start switch on the 4500 and it will reset to factory settings. On this default setting you'll find most gold if it's under the coil. There's no need to fiddle with the myriad of settings available to you.

However if there's only tiny little gold available then the SDC is the way to go :Y:

Latest posts