Nasties at GG?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Off to GG tomorrow with my bf and mum for my birthday, just wondering if anyone has seen any snakes or other nasties lately? Except the dead sheep, I smelt that one already, and i'm armed for the leeches (taking no prisoners!)

Also just curious on opinions on the up stream vs down stream of the bridge debate (its a debate in my head anyway) I always seem to find plenty of green and very few blue.

Cheers guys!

G'day Jessiy,

Always a few red bellies around, but they won't worry you. We had one keep us company under a large boulder we were working, and he just stayed there and minded his own business, even with us working just a metre away.

The upstream vs downstream saga is quite a simple one. All you really need is a 20cent coin and chuck it into the air, if it lands on heads go upstream. Seriously, the mix of colours up or down stream is pretty well equal. Spend some serious time looking for 1/4" Spinel and the Saphs will be very close bye.

Cheers Wal.

Latest posts