Golddiggerart - Detector finds...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah RH it's a beautiful ring and the Gold colouriing on it makes it stand out. :Y:

ktmman yes I loved finding those, they were deep so some kiddo dug a big hole and buried them for safe keeping. :D

trekkie said:
hey gd do you ever detect along seaford carrum beach and is it any good Am from cranbourne

hey mate yeah I do Seaford sometimes, there's a bloke that also does it for his exercise - Carrum not so much as there are a few that do that beach. Pretty much detectorists everywhere now. :Y:

trekkie said:
sound about right gd explains why i dont get to much maybe will try mordy-mentone next time

Yeah they get hit as well ..... I get out on a Saturday fortnight to a favourite beach...Get there around 5:45 - 6:00 am :Y:

Finally got up to date with this thread.

Love seeing your finds GDA! Really makes me want to buy a detector and go have a look through my local park!

A couple of pages ago you had some small, light silver coins (probably made from aluminium) with a big '1' on them you thought might have been Chinese coins. Those are Japanese 1 yen coins as a matter of fact :D

Thanks for the inspiration! Might have to snag a cheap detector from Kogan!

Omni said:
Finally got up to date with this thread.

Love seeing your finds GDA! Really makes me want to buy a detector and go have a look through my local park!

A couple of pages ago you had some small, light silver coins (probably made from aluminium) with a big '1' on them you thought might have been Chinese coins. Those are Japanese 1 yen coins as a matter of fact :D

Thanks for the inspiration! Might have to snag a cheap detector from Kogan!

Hey Omni - Yeah thanks for the info on the coins.....It's really worth it to get a decent detector mate depending on your budget....The Xterra 505 is what I am using now as the 705 copped a lot of hard treatment and died on me. The 705 has more options on it and is easy to use. They pay for themselves in no time.

Cheers and all the best GDA :D :Y:

Hey everyone I got out for a couple of digs this week and it was okay, the weather was a scorcher so we had a swim as well. Met 7 detectorists all up 3 of them today....
A few good finds but to me the tenner was the icing on the cake, walking onto the beach and it's just sitting there right in front of me... Also found a wallet and managed to return it today with all contents intact, lucky they only live literally 3 minutes drive down the road.

1544360372_47688061_10213454671749975_3536705933881114624_n.jpg

1544360404_48365907_10213454667829877_2928943820701696000_n.jpg

1544360419_47682208_10213454669469918_3019298890248617984_n.jpg

The rings looked good but the bigger one after a close look has 10K GF - the other just a bling accompaniment. :D

Until next time all the best and happy digging.

Cheers GDA :Y: :Y:

Smoky bandit said:
It amazes me how much stuff gets lost on those beaches.
Well done on the bling..Nice cash amount as well :Y:

Yeah mate, the others I met do well along the same stretches of beach.... As one bloke said, there's plenty of room for all of us. :D :Y:

ktmman said:
Great result, weeks worth of petrol money and some bling for the family. Nice one on the wallet return too :Y:

Yeah with petrol at a lower price it makes it good to travel around a bit. :D Cheers mate...

Danny13 said:
Mate going alright GDA , caught up on your thread , some nice beach nuggets also :)

Cheers Danny it's been great fun, meeting new detectorists and knowing that even when someone else is detecting some of your
favourite beaches there is still plenty to go around. :D

Omni said:
GDA, if I can find half as much as you do I'll be a happy man!

Can only find it if it's there Omni....I have seen so many disheartened because all they found on their first couple of digs was a few coins and lots of junk
sometimes only finding junk then saying stuff this. Perseverance pays off and lots of practice learning the sounds and tones. :Y:

Got out with Kiara who had a pupil free day at school so we hit the beach for a few hours....Not a lot on offer especially with the rain about but I did manage to snag a Vintage 925 ring in an area I have detected many times before.

1544790600_wp_20181214_0011.jpg

1544790652_wp_20181214_002.jpg

1544790735_wp_20181214_003.jpg

1544790761_wp_20181214_004.jpg

Was hoping to get out this weekend for a swing but the rain is about and I don't know if it's going to clear but we shall see...

Anyway happy digging and all the best.
Cheers GDA :D :Y:

Latest posts