My Other New Compressor.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My new ARB Twin Compressor turned up today, It's a shame that I am not well enough to carry it out side to try it out, Lol.

1536845965_ckmtp12_600_600_arbil.jpg

Yeah can't wait to give it a Go, a couple of months ago I bought the single High Output version and it's a real grab and go unit, which is nice and light, but this one weighs about 33/35lbs or about 16kgs+/-, My Chest has not joined back together properly yet and I hurt something trying to get it out of the box So maybe I will keep this one put away for a while yet ? It's only been 3 and a half weeks since I got out of hospital so maybe I am pushing it too much Lol,

I also bought the Air Accessories bag and they gave me the Blue Tyre Inflator Gauge Free. which was nice I thought,

LoneWolf said:
Don't even try RR... You will be sorry..... Just look at it and when you are well enough 'time to play' will be soo much better... Looks more like a :bomb: in a box {)

LW....

Yeah LW for sure, I got 10,000 plans and dreams going on in my head but I am too crook to do anything about it,, I seen a nice 270* degree Awning I'd like to get but looking at pictures are all I can manage right now, I hurt my chest getting out of bed this morning and then I tried to have a look at that compressor and that was me done for the day, Me and detector or 4x4 Accessory shops are a fatal combination, them and tool shops, I am not safe to be let out on my own when it comes to those places, :inlove: :playful: lol.

Ridge Runner said:
Me and detector or 4x4 Accessory shops are a fatal combination, them and tool shops, I am not safe to be let out on my own when it comes to those places, :inlove: :playful: lol.
if you throw in jaycar and camping shops we could be brothers :playful: :playful: :cool:

P/S don't drink frothy ones and sign up to ebay :8 :playful:

ctxkid said:
Ridge Runner said:
Me and detector or 4x4 Accessory shops are a fatal combination, them and tool shops, I am not safe to be let out on my own when it comes to those places, :inlove: :playful: lol.
if you throw in jaycar and camping shops we could be brothers :playful: :playful: :cool:

P/S don't drink frothy ones and sign up to ebay :8 :playful:

Brudders from another Mudder, I think your on to something there, Lol ;) :Y:

You can go into Jaycar anytime of the day and see the amount of money people are spending on their hobbies, Radio, Solar accessories, batteries, electronics tools-the mind boggles. I can't leave there without adding to my collection. Great store with very knowledgeable staff to assist who know their stuff. :100:
Without hobbyists a lot of businesses wouldn't exist.

My Twin generic compressor was a replacement/update for my truckAir 275 compressor that I bought way back in 2003 but the valve connector broke on the Twin and I had a fair bit of trouble buying a new hoes for it So I bought the ARB High Output Single Compressor and it was really good and 2 weeks later the company found me a new hose for the compressor that broke 6 weeks after the event, and then I got bored sitting here watching Videos and then I saw how the ARB Twin performed so I ordered it,,

It will Air Up a 35x12.50x17 from 15 to 32 psi in 1 minute 14 seconds without the Tank so this one should be even faster having the tank and it can Air Up Tyres bigger than 37" so that's why I bought it, and it has a 100% duty cycle. :Y:

Well I gave this beast a run yesterday and It took one of my tyres 15psi to 30psi in under 30 seconds and it will do 33" tyres in under a minute, At first I was not sure about it then I used a stopwatch and the thing is a Beast, I have used normal 240v compressors at work everyday and this thing seems faster than compressors up to 14,7cfm at blowing up tyres, Maybe it has a lot to do with the Tyre Gauge but either way it is seriously fast, The only thing faster would be a Co2 bottle, Expensive ? sort of but it will do tyres over 37" to 42"ish and it will take a 35" from 15 to 32psi in under 1min 15secs. One thing I did notice is where other compressors slow down as the pressure goes up this thing accelerates faster until it reaches it's max speed.

If I was using Tyres that were 33 to 35" then I would go with the Normal ARB High Output single version, 1) it's a lot lighter to use 2) It is compact, 3) It's more than fast enough and it can take a 245/70/16 = 9.50x 29.5" from 15psi to 30/31psi in 1min 03secs and it will take a 35x12.5x17 from 15psi to 32psi in 2mins 10secs which is not too shabby, If you would be happy with those times then that is the one to get, And I think that the High Output Single version is nicer to use and although I also own a Generic Twin and the ARB Twin, The ARB Single is by far my favourite and only In extreme cases would you need the Twin or you just want the best of the best.

But the Max Power Twin is a Beast Yes it's fast, and it is about 2.5 times the price of the single, One thing I don't like is when you pick it up by the handle it seems to be heavy at one end, Another thing I noticed was when you first turn it on make sure you connect the Pressure Gauge/Tyre doodad to the hose first before plug the hose in to the compressor because when it has 150psi in the Tank it is a bugga to try and connect the Gauge to the hose, and then plug the hose in to the compressor, Or connect it all up before you turn it on would be even better, Also when you have finished using it Turn it off and then let some of the Air out of the Tank before trying to disconnecting the hose etc by squeezing the trigger on the Gauge because it could Blast Air or Dirt in to your face or eyes etc, No Joke It really comes out with a wallop. So be warned.

Hope that helps.

John.

I though I would give the beast another go today because I bought the new ARB Digital tyre inflator, Although it is nice the hose is very stiff and the weight keeps making air leak at the valve this is due the new plastic shielding covering the braided hose so I cut it off and the hose is now more flexible and lighter, Now it does not pull the connector off as much, but it is still a bit of a PIA So I took the shorter hose off one of the other gauges and problem solved,

I needed to buy this inflator because the Blue ARB model only goes up to 100psi and I spoke to a Gauge company and they told me because the compressor puts out 150psi it will damage the gauge so I had to buy it, The Digital one goes up to 200psi and can handle 350psi back pressure/Supply so all is well, with a normal 240v compressor you have a filter regulator so you can back it down a bit but the ARB Twin does not have one,

Anyways I tried it out with the Twin and it is fast, On one of my truck tyres from dead flat in one minute it was over 25psi which pretty fast when you consider that my correct road pressures are 26psi for normal driving and high speed and fully loaded is 28 and 32psi, At the speed this thing goes I can Air up all 4 tyres from beach pressure to road pressure in under one minute, LOL :power: :Y:

Can't weight to try it on the bigger tyres when I get them, :Y: :cool:

Latest posts