Holes in the road, prospectors incorrectly blamed?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
'Now i am angry' heading
On the other gold detecting forum there is a topic re detector operators digging holes in the road and not filling them in.
Read it and be very disappointed at the journalist Vickie Fizzle. :mad:

ADMIN EDIT. Edited the title of this topic to remove political, speculative comment. NO POLITICS please.
Cheers
Ramjet

Pretty sure it was a letter to the editor by a resident, not from a jounalist

No probs.... the dead give away is that if you're a journalist and are going to have your name in the paper on a regular basis you'd sure as hell change it to something other than Vicki Frizzle :D

Could be a confused old lady

If U goggle her name the website comes up with passed issues of the newspaper and she is a frequent contributory and Thiers a photo of her she looks like normal elderly lady maybe just confused have a heart and a better look next time fleas

Rafter said:
Could be a confused old lady

If U goggle her name the website comes up with passed issues of the newspaper and she is a frequent contributory and Thiers a photo of her she looks like normal elderly lady maybe just confused have a heart and a better look next time fleas
hey buddy looks can be deceiving no matter what the age :N:

She look 70 odd do U think she younger

Yes some ladie deceve by make up and bow tox ect.

But she look older

Hey fellas let it go! It's a very small section in a very small local community paper.
As Wombat (PMAV & BUGU) has written on the thread linked above there is some truth to the story.
Wombat said:
I went out there today to have a look. Part of that article, unfortunately is correct. There were un-filled detector holes on the side of the road near Walker's shed. About 7 all up and only about 1 to 2 weeks old.. The deepest being about 250mm deep. I went around and filled them all in. But the holes in the picture of the artical were not detector holes but pot holes, as the road was full of corrugations and water ruts or runs across the dirt road. The road did not look like to me that it had a grader over it for months. So of the pot holes in the road and I think this is the same ones as to the photos in the article. I'm trying to contact this lady that wrote the article to explain the difference between detector holes and pot holes.
The picture used in the article is of potholes not detector holes but yes some cretin had dug detector holes nearby & left them open. Hopefully Wombat can contact the lady & explain the potholes on the actual road weren't caused by a prospector/fossicker & he has done the hobby a favour by filling the other holes in.
Hopefully it will get sorted on a local level & put an end to the "greens" hysteria in some of the comments about what is a fairly benign letter to the editor really. Lots more major misinformation about us put about by bigger groups to wider audiences to be worried about IMO.

the road with pot holes don't look any different from the rest of the dirt roads I travel on I think old Vickie is off her meds and has nothing better to do

Lol, I would have let him go on for a bit, no one was taking him seriously. Clearly a goose trying to act even more stupid than he was.
A bit more info and it could have been pinned down.

Well perhaps Megsy could solve this puzzle?
His first post was targeting me, someone that dislikes me (big list)
Someone that types like a young person "R U" etc.
Knowledgeable about the NOX.
The other clues are all random, or maybe not.

I have a suspect.

Ramjet said:
I challenged Rafter about his legitimacy. He said to "banned" him so I obliged. Seemed to me like an obvious troll. The spelling was beyond atrocious. Couldn't even copy a member's name that was right in front of him. My guess is that it is a current or former member playing silly buggers. Gotta be better than that to get by "The Mod Squad." :D ;) :lol: :playful: {) :power: :heart:

If I find out it was a current member they will also get a permanent ban. We have email addys and IP addresses.....

Good job RJ, check out post 19 in the thread "Any one for house" and you'll see he's quite capable of spelling and grammar.

Update from Wombat that should clear things up a bit:
Wombat said:
I had a very pleasant talk to Vicky Frizzell (the author of the article) last night. And she informed me that she did not attach that photo to her article, the paper did. We discussed the detector holes on the side of the road that she mentioned in her article. I informed her that I went up to the spot and agreed they were detector holes and that I filled them in. She then informed me that on her last walk to the area that she did notice the holes had been filled in and thank me every much in doing so. I told her this in not a normal practice for prospector to dig up roads and it is against the law to do so. Vicky was telling me she walks these areas often and this is the first time she had noticed any destruction on any of the local roads that she visited, and knew it was not a common practices of prospector. She would not have said anything at all, except it was done on the road. Had it been in the bush you would not have heard a thing, she informed me. She was basically trying to send a message to the culprit who done it more so than trying to give prospectors a bad name. She is going to put in another comment in the local paper thanking me and the PMAV for rectifying the problem. We both finish up with a good understanding and wishing each other well.
wombat
http://golddetecting.forumotion.net/t26304-now-i-am-angry#254403

Sorry fellas about starting a post here what I thought was a legitimate issue. With the paper article copied on the other forum reading to me like some person trying to discredit prospectors and the current issues of parks ect. looking like us prospectors having a fight on our hands to save areas to prospect. Just thought that as I said, the green movement was behind this. (Mod edited my statement, all ok) It worrys me that there is people out there leaving holes open though and will just add also that in most passions/hobbies there is also one or two that make it bad for all the geniune people.