⭐ Show Us Your Cut Stones - Before And After Photos

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think 'raining' is a bit of an understatement there today, Wally! Wow!
Stay safe all you NSW members - it's wild out there!

Lefty said:
Love garnets! Did you inscribe a superman symbol into the back Wally? :D

I free-styled this one as it had a heap of bubbles and needles and I wasnt convinced it would work, at some point I thought the superman emblem shape suited the stone.

I did give some thought if it would be possible to laser etch an S into the table, but to my surprise, the bubbles make this stone dance.......out of this world. :inlove:

Inclusions sometimes enhance things!

Even though they aren't usually visible to the naked eye, I like the little "three directional crystals" you see in many garnets, like three streams of three-dimensional traffic merging through each other from three directions. That's pretty cool :D

So went out and purchased a new camera ........ now need to focus on dust removal............ and how to drive it :playful:

1543393467_eb682ebc-7fc9-48a3-a4bb-d77dc1f1856e.jpg

Sometimes its not the camera its knowing what it can and cannot do, I know this from my own experiences. If I knew 10% of my cameras capabilities I would be a World Famous Photographer, however, congratulations on the new purchase.
What was it , mirror less?
Mackka

Mackka said:
Sometimes its not the camera its knowing what it can and cannot do, I know this from my own experiences. If I knew 10% of my cameras capabilities I would be a World Famous Photographer, however, congratulations on the new purchase.
What was it , mirror less?
Mackka

it is a Canon EOS 200D with a 18-55mm lense and the instructions present as rocket science ATM. I did manage to find the on switch, auto setting, zoom and worked out how to wi-fi photos to my iPad. :D left me bloody exhausted. I will need to start my training tomorrow.

Yesterday I looked though some garnet rough and thought what a shame my stones are rendered worthless as they are cracked and included, so I did a bit of an experiment to see if I can create a silk purse out of a sows ear.

Ill let you decide.

1544165066_858a4df2-7c7b-4671-bd98-68019b5df105.jpg

1544165066_eb2fe327-db7b-4e76-b583-4835881ff62d.jpg

Mmm... I don't know Wally, I'm not convinced on that one.
Perhaps because I've been so spoiled seeing all the gorgeous stones on here - like a certain special blue sapphire... ;)

Looks great to me but I'm thinking the one that would wear it would prefer one that sparkles and isn't cracked! :8

Latest posts