⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for your response fellas, glad you appreciated my input. I sure wish it was me that found it, I could do with some cash this close to xmas and everything is so dear.
Though I doubt I would sell it either. It is a beautiful piece of gold and my god... it was heavy!!! You can really feel the difference compared to lead. It weighed about 14 onz. the area was near happy valley and the bloke who found it was using a GPX 5000 with the standard coil that came with the unit. I'm not sure what depth it was found at.
I don't know why some mates turn on you, the only reason I goaded him was because he didn't want me in a partnership with him when he discovered a mine at Cann river. Now I understand why people don't tell anyone about their finds, people do get really jealous.

On the bright side, this goes to show you that there is gold out there. Happy hunting and Merry Xmas to all.

Merry Christmas to you too Graybeard.
May you find your own dream nugget for a Chrissy present - just don't tell us about it! :)

Cheers mate!

Mrs M made the mistake of asking my brother to help load and ship a van of furniture from Capel to Cue. He turned up here with his SDC2300 neatly packed amongst his clothes. No wonder he jumped at the idea to help :)

I couldn't see him disappointed so after unloading the van we jumped into the purple bus and headed off to a location that had produced quite a bundle of nuggets for Mrs M and me some time back. We travelled more than three hours all up for a grand total of 0.09g found with his new SDC :( A bit of letdown but he did break in the new detector :)

I was a little embarrassed by my guidance so I tried to make amends by heading off to another location where we'd previously pulled a few and I felt that there should have been more down there.

1544100015_nug_41g.jpg

This time it was my turn. I had to show him why he should have bought a GPX4500 :)

1544100044_nug_41g_2.jpg

It came from about 300mm down and looks to be about 1/2 rock so perhaps 20g of gold.

Afterwards I took him off to a spot that I knew only has tiny SDC gold ;)

1544100281_sdc_gold.jpg

We ended up with five nice little nuggets each and went home with a smile on our faces and feeling like we'd won the lottery :lol:

Awesome, so are you saying the SDC would not of found that beautiful specimine if he swung over it? Or is that why you took him elsewhere. :)

Nice everyone! Except for the old mate doin the dirty on you GB.

That's a ripper of a specie MB! Big old lumpy chunk of a thing.

goldtrapper said:
Awesome, so are you saying the SDC would not of found that beautiful specimine if he swung over it? Or is that why you took him elsewhere. :)

No GT, the SDC didn't see the speci until I'd dug down about 50mm, then it was barely there. It was not a great signal on the 4500 with 14"Elite but I knew it was down a bit because I couldn't pin it down to and exact spot.

I've had a productive and very fun week with gold finds in Amherst, Tarnagulla, and Caralulup.
Got to hang out with Dignit and Mardymoose for the morning before the storms rolled in. The two bigger bits were from that meet-up for 2 grams. Both shallow, both under grass tussocks, both from a flogged area. The hard yards put gold in the scoop.
1544338538_20181209_142952.jpg

1544338539_20181209_142604.jpg