Hello from the Snowy Mountains

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey Everyone :inlove:
We absolutely love this forum!! We have just joined and the information and friendly conversations are so helpful and a lovely read. My partner and I live in Thredbo in the Snowy Mountains . We have been fossicking for 6-7 years and absolutely love it!! We are still learning a lot about this beautiful rewarding hobbie.
Whenever we can get away from work, we head straight for fossicking. We have not yet found anything worth retiring on (we did find 3 diamonds though, my highlight so far )but the excitement of the possibility of that happening is just to addicting. The beauty in each and every stone fascinates us every time.
We are looking forward to chatting and possibly meeting a few fossickers along our fossicking journey. We are always up for a chat and cant wait to learn more skills , new places and information on our precious gemstones and gold in our country!
Happy Fossicking!!
SnowyDiamond

Hi guys. Welcome aboard

I get down to Thredders a bit. Might see you around :D

Welcome to PA.
That's what we like to see - enthusiastic new forum members - who find diamonds!! :gemstone:
Perhaps you can help some of us!!
Glad to have you both aboard - enjoy! :)

Cheers,
Megsy

G'day mate, my sister lived in thredbo for quite a few years. beautiful part of the country. hope you get plenty of good info from here and put in some more. :Y:

Thank you everyone for your welcome messages :inlove:
Looking forward to chatting to everyone. I will post some diamond pics of what we have found around Inverell area . They are small , maybe 1/2 carat each or just under that and not perfect but they are champagne diamonds and this might help some fossickers with what rough diamonds look like. for years I had a massive ( possible diamond pile) until last year, when we found these in our pan , all I can say is when you see that little beauty in your pan, you just know it really does look like nothing else youve ever seen :)

1544089940_7a61cb4e-3fe9-4c86-93d8-86fd1b6d5798.jpg

Copeton NSW - Champagne Diamonds in the rough :gemstone:

Latest posts