Advice for my next detector

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Im looking at upgrading to better detector i currently have a garret ace im wondering if i can get any advice on a mid range detector suitable for the golden triangle area of victoria

The SDC 2300 is a good machine,

I have used one of my friends,

A lot of people on here use the SDC 2300,

You can get one in the range of $3200 upwards,

New around $3599 to about $4000 I think,

Someone will come along and correct me :lol:

Goody :)

Yes i saw the gpx4500 while i was looking is there much diffrence between the gpx4500 and the sdc2300

Ewan1987 said:
Yes i saw the gpx4500 while i was looking is there much diffrence between the gpx4500 and the sdc2300

Yes there are few differences between SDC and 4500 someone with more knowledge onthe SDC may help there
Roy

The GPX 4500 is more vestile. In that you can change coils and get deeper than the SDC. It is however, more complicated and will take a while to learn. But it is worth it in the long run.
The SDC is really a point and go detector but depth is reduced.
It is your call I would suggest before you buy hire one to see if it suits.
Personally I went from the SDC to the 4500 and with a change in coil able to detect in different soil types.
And both detectors are really the same price.

Cheers

HH

Plenty mate. The sdc2300 is aimed primarily for small gold. Only has the small 8 inch factory coil Whereas the 4500 can be used for both small and large gold with different coil types.

I have a 4500 with a 12 evo coil and it will pick up tiny gold no problems. Its also able to locate bigger nuggets at depth as well so you cant go wrong really for the price.

Redfin said:
No need to complicate things with the 4500, it is a formidable weapon on factory settings.
Agree, I don't stray far from the factory settings and am amazed at the sensitivity and depth it achieves in hot ground, good coils make a big difference IMO

Ewan1987 said:
Ty all very much ive decided to go the gpx 4500 after doing some research

Hi Mate..Good to see you went with the 4500 good choice. Match it with either a 14 x 9 or 12 inch Nuggetfinder evo coil and you wont be missing to much. I run one of the SPo1 boosters on mine and rate them highly.

Happy Jack

Latest posts