⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hes a purebread working line german shepherd. Comes from a long line of protection/ipo/police/army dogs. Hes from von forell kennels. His father is a world famous dog called bruno vom wallensener hof for anyone interested.
If only gold had a scent Haha.
Most of those finds were with the 7000 but a few with the 4500 as well. I'm just a weekend warrior haha

Lesgold said:
Hey Nothing Great, can you do us a favour. Id like to come to Victoria and detect a bit next autumn. Never swung a detector there in anger yet. If you keep going as you have been, it wont be called the golden triangle any more, itll be called the dirt triangle. Crikey mate, leave a few bits for the mere mortals. Well done. You have that 5 tuned in nicely to your ears.

Cheers

Les

Dont worry Lesgold Im leaving enough behind for everyone ;)

walshie1000 said:
Hes a purebread working line german shepherd. Comes from a long line of protection/ipo/police/army dogs. Hes from von forell kennels. His father is a world famous dog called bruno vom wallensener hof for anyone interested.
If only gold had a scent Haha.
Most of those finds were with the 7000 but a few with the 4500 as well. I'm just a weekend warrior haha

Dogs can be trained to sniff out most things.
He looks like a dog who could be trained to sniff out gold to me! :cool:
Maybe start by getting him to have a good sniff of the holes where you find gold, and see if he identifies with the smells around the find?
Gold might not have a smell, but the minerals around the gold in that area might...
You never know - dogs noses are pretty amazing.

Cheers,
Megsy

Nice looking pooch Walshie and the finds :Y:. When you say working dogs does your dog work security or is he/she just a family member.

Its hard not to go detecting when your having some luck so I snuck a couple of hours in tonight for 3 tiddlers.
Don't panic Les I left the adult nuggets behind :D
1543832787_2018-12-03_19.15.30.jpg

Came home yesterday after a great week in the GT with a rattle in the jar. Got a little specie at Wedderburn, and went for a look at my great great grandfathers claim. 1 of them anyway. Only found junk there unfortunately, but it was still cool to visit. Caught up with Patrick1 Saturday and scored a couple of little ones, almost got taken out by a fallen tree branch driving back to my mates place, it got a bit windy. Sunday I thought I'd continue following my roots and checked out Homebush for a while as my grandfather was from there. Struck out there this time but I will try again another time for sure. Also pinged another couple of bits on my travels, the bigger 1 at the top is 1.75g and was about 14 or 16 inches deep on the edge of somebodies dig hole. Sounded like ground noise until about 6 inches in. My guess is whoever had a crack at it before figured thats what it was.
1543930635_20181204_215817-1024x768.jpg

Got two small bits last night in the cool evening. The second piece- which is the round looking bit -I swore was a bullet it was that strong the signal. And it was about 6 inches deep. Its weird how some bits are so loud when most are the soft mellow sound. I spent 5 minutes double checking there wasnt a bullet in the hole to ease my mind. Anyway another lesson learned.
1543966468_2018-12-05_10.29.01.jpg

walshie1000 said:
Onya chewy. Nice gold mate and a good read. Let me know before you head back to homebush. I've got a patch out there i reckon you could snag some from with the late model coils.
Thanks Walshie will do mate, I'd like to find a Homebush grown nuggy to get made into a pendant for my mum, as it was her dad who lived there. :Y:

I'm a bit reluctant putting this picture in, I DIDN'T FIND IT so don't get envious. It was found by another bloke in our group. I sent an e-mail to an ex-mate of mine telling him that I found it, and the rat told centre link that I'm making a killing out prospecting. So it doesn't pay to brag.
1544018031_20181202_133149-1-1.jpg

Latest posts