Upgrading washplant to recover fines

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a lease in north Qld and the wash plant I have is loosing a fair bit of fines (flour stuff) going over the end of the sluice box.
What I would like to do is put a knelson concentrator on it.
So if any one has one or know of one for sale I would really like to here from you.

Greg :cool:

how small are the fines, 100mesh 200mesh 300mesh - I have been playing around with this for about 12months with different sizes, found away to collect 1000mesh, in a small batch - its all about hydophobic.

Knelson would be too slow mate , they cant process the volume of cons you will get.

there is another way.

what size mesh are the screens , how many ton per hour in total through the plant and can you estimate what percentage of that would be < 3 mm in size ?

I've got mine here Greg, its been a I'll fix it up one day project for years!

Thanks for to replies so far
Targeting 250 mesh and finer
Looking at to putting 10 tons per hour through the plant then screen it down to 3mm.
It will be close to about 50 percent or 5 ton will only go through the Knelson after screening
So a 12inch Knelson would handle it easy or a 20 inch and screen it down to 6mm
Simmo I thought you have a cyclone or nudson bowl type centrifuge anyway I will give you a ring soon mate.

Greg :cool:

Still looking for a knelson concentrater to put on my wash plant but for now got my hands on what I thought was a Knudson bowl but it turned out to de a rota sluice almost the same as a knudson but it with a stainless steel bowl
Does any one know any thing about rota sluices especially what Rpm they run at?

Many thanks cheers Greg :cool: