I'm Back And Have Some Great Finds!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys!

Well im going back to mark out with string and stakes the area all around the sov and digging everyone of them targets tomorrow. many of them signals were choppy just like that coin i found as it was sitting strait up and down. Many target id's were a 13-14 which is what half sovs come up. It will be a bit of a pain in the ass but may be worth it. Stay tuned

Smoky bandit said:
I thought a half sov was 15...
Interesting that one was 13 14. :perfect:
May have to lower my discrimination.

Nah my full sov was a 17-18 but a guy i know who found a half sov as a 13-14.

Looked like the Sovereign was sitting at a reasonably high angle in the ground, might had something to do with differing ID's, also iron can drag down ID numbers if in close proximity to the coin target. That's why you cannot rely on ID's on those older sites, better off digging all solid non-ferrous targets just to be sure (that means shotgun cartridge ends as well).

Goldpick said:
Looked like the Sovereign was sitting at a reasonably high angle in the ground, might had something to do with differing ID's, also iron can drag down ID numbers if in close proximity to the coin target. That's why you cannot rely on ID's on those older sites, better off digging all solid non-ferrous targets just to be sure (that means shotgun cartridge ends as well).

yep spot on! Its going to take a while going back many times. Went back saturday and marked out 50 meters all around and made a start digging all targets. I was buggered after 30 min raking all the double gee weeks out the way. Was really hot out there in direct sun but got a few nice old buttons etc

Well went back to the Sov spot, no luck with another sov but its going to take a few weekend as there are so many targets. I could only get out saturday for a few hours.
Here are a few of the finds....
Untitled by Marc Russo, on Flickr

cleaned up really nice, perfect to wear on a rose gold chain as a pendant...