Minelab detector service and customer service

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any services I have had is always the same procedure.
Pack the control box firmly, with instructions as to what it is doing inside.
Send to Minelab in SA. via registered post.
Follow up with a phone call. [forget the easy options like email]
Under warranty they will do calibrate the machine, check for faults, and return it by courier.

a few years ago I sent an SD 2200, way out of warranty, and they went through the process, no charge.

Thanks mate. I'm taking it to the minelab dealer in Melbourne. I'm assuming they will post it to SA. I hope it doesn't take forever.

Just write a letter telling them what's happening like you've written on here I.e. you don't thinks it's operating as well as it was previously, it's now making an intermittent noise that an experienced GPX user said he hadn't heard before, etc. There should be a template (Service & Repair form) for what info they need in the back of the manual.
There might be some truth to them not removing the covers to check it. The socket that you plug your quick track button into also doubles as a diagnostic port. I assume software issues like realigning timings may also be possible thru that port?
Like Redfin I've always found them to be good. I had a GPX5000 that started off with an intermittent EMI like spike then eventually went into a non-stop EMI like warble. Minelab replaced the PCB & had it back to me within a week.

That's awesome Mbasko thanks buddy. I'm checking for their mailing details now. Will mail directly via registered post. I've already written a note detailing my issues. Much appreciated to all of you.

I got much better service when I sent mine direct to minelab. They were good to talk to and replaced all the screws that were slightly damaged by the dealer fiddling with it. It cost me freight in one direction but it was worth it.

Having a video of its erratic behaviour should help your cause. After sending my 7000 back, it was claimed that my machine was field tested over 2 days which i find hard to believe as it was unusable due a faulty coil which I had already diagnosed.
After getting the whole lot back it was still no good. I was then asked to post a vid on youtube (suprisingly) showing the problems. Once they viewed that vid they sent a new coil out under warranty straight away.
Painful process however it was a good outcome.
Still got the old coil as they are a sealed unit deemed unserviceable. Components will become useful moving forward I gather.

Ha ha Yes that's what you told me ? Do you remember that random spike it gave off John? You said to me I've never heard that before. Well she's all packed up will send off to SA tomorrow after work. Will post the results when I get it back.

Just thought I'd pass on my experience dealing with Minelab support.

I own two detectors, an Equinox and Excalibur. Most of my detecting is done in the water these days.

I've had two warranty issues now, and both times Minelab have responded quickly and replaced the part. One was water ingress to the Equinox control unit, resulting in a replacement unit being sent out within a matter of days. The most recent was a crack on the battery pod of my Excalibur, which is only months old - a new battery is on its way to me now.

Some would say that the bigger issue here is that stuff is needing to be replaced. However, every electronics product will fail, for various reasons, from time to time (hopefully under warranty). So the quality of service provided by the service department becomes an important consideration, especially if you are asking a lot of your machines as a lot of us are.

So all in all, a big thumbs up for Minelab support from me.

Never had a problem, only every had 2 issues .... battery for the GPX and retraction on SDC shaft assembly, no problem with the quality of service (or product really).

Some shops are now "authorised repairers), if you have a simple issue may save sending the unit to S.A.

Cheers T.

Years ago I was not happy that they sent my repaired detector back , C.O.D . Without asking me, could have paid by credit card and saved some fees .

A few weeks ago I had to send the Xterra 705 to Bendigo Miners Den for repair due to it turning off intermittently during hunting.It turned up on my doorstep today.The Xterra is now fully repaired,they replaced a corroded battery box cover and negative terminal spring.Not really sure how it became corroded as I never leave the batteries in and it has never been wet.Anyway great result and thanks to Minelab for coming to the party and sorting the problem.

Latest posts