New to 4wd

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
went to an ex military auction recently at Minto NSW, Landrovers and Unimogs a plenty, but they were old models so spares might be a problem in the future but i have noticed a few up for sale with a decent markup from the possible auction sale price anyhow, if you buy a used 4wd , at leat you won't cry if it gets scratched and its likely to get scratched recently the young tear rectums in the ares went 4wd crazy convoy excisions every night, one by one they broke, the toyota fore runner did a front diff $1200 bucks and a 3 month wait for a diff from the wreckers i thought parts would be readily available but no, the mitsubishi extacab with the v6 donk she made funny noises, like a bad tappet it got sold for spares another younger dh showed me his front discs worn out in 3000 km, still under warranty nope , mud and sand will do that if you don't wash out the grit if i had my time again probably look for a low kilometre nissan diesel thats had all the extras fitted, thats only been on the bitumen and lived in the city, still some bargains to be found, new vehicles are only good for the warranty period then time to get rid of it before you have to start replacing parts , mmmm whats a catalytic conveyer worth these days then those electric gizmos just waiting to play up not an easy decision is it

Latest posts