Actually Building the Machine!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds pretty nice Christian.
Hope to see the underlayment discs in motion soon.
Is the machine going to be able to change the laps by itself too?

Me too yes it is still a function i want to have in the machine to automatic change the laps!
First i need to solder de teensy mcu for programming the beast :- ) Still have a lot to program...

1543247455_dyej7700.jpg

Whoohoo, the underlayment laps are almost done! Hope to see them soon!!! :heart:

Christian

Hi Christian.

Are you going to use those underlayment laps directly under the sintered laps used for faceting?
Why so big?
Why so many?
Are you planing to fit the sintered lap together with the underlayment maybe?

Hi,

Ill first going to use those for china laps sintered laps are around 1000 euro's each... big? 200mm in diameter and 16 in total for the lap changer :- ) im going to glue the cheap china laps for test onto the underlayment laps. And if i need to replace them ill use acetone to remove them off the base laps.

Greets,

Christian

Ok, now I get it. If you are going to glue the cheap ones to the underlayment then they have to be that big.
How precise is the run out going to be on the lap when glued?

Why dont you use normal laps to begin with instead of sintered?

Those china laps are 10-20 euro each?! So these ill use for test :- ) they work, they arent that greath but good inaf for testing. Sintered laps are too expensive but works a lifetime but dont have 1000 euro's for each lap :p so ill use the cheap ones for testing and some laps from BATT laps. But also those costs around 200-300 usd each.

I can glue them together under preasure so dont think the runout will be that high. But testing should tell :p

Yes they are cheap and thin. :D

Batt laps are good though. But for testing you will only need one or two laps anyway. Just for checking the machine and the programming.

Hope it will work out with the glueing of the laps.

When are you going to start with the tests?

When im done with the motors, its still a pain in the *** but im almost done and did some promesing tests. Im almost there now, software is time consuming work so it can take a few weeks to a month :( but mayby i can fix it in a few day's :p hahaha

1544714671_naamlooss.jpg

Ya thats a good tip!!! Doesnt work on aluminium lol but thats a good solution for those laps! Ill glue them directly to the base lap.

Top!

Not my brain storm,, The guy that sells and makes saws,grinders and laps in central QLD coast. Clive, been makin stuff for years.

My flat lap is a bench drill press with the drill head turned upside down and a skillett lid for a water carrier.

ray :100: :perfect: :100:

Mackka said:
Necessity the Mother of Invention
Well done Gilly
Mackka :Y: :Y: :Y:

I will put up a pic tomorrow of my 'Victa' Flat Lap Machine just for you Mackka... Yes its made from a Lawnmower... :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol: :Y: :koala:

I have an old book with lots of Plans on 'Homemade Lapidary' gear... :Y:

LW....