Bluetooth

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
any one using blue tooth on a gpx 4500 head phones ,what brand of system are you using any problems with your system any advice thanks regards john :D

old hand said:
any one using blue tooth on a gpx 4500 head phones ,what brand of system are you using any problems with your system any advice thanks regards john :D
John here's a reply I put on 4umer awhile back in reply to a similar question. This is my own personal experience & opinion:
There's a few different bluetooth transmitters available that work.
I've found that the best ones are any that have the Aptx low latency codec like Avantree Bluetooth Saturn Pro low latency units. Tried some Tao Tronics low latency units briefly that seemed to work ok too.
To get the full benefit of the Aptx low latency the headphones you use need to have it also or you will only get normal latency to them. Edit: either that or use a matching reciever with your wired headphones of choice.
There are people who find normal Bluetooth ok but any I've tried I can notice the lag & find low latency way better.
Other non-bluetooth wireless options like the ones Nenad sells at Phasetech (Deteknix/Quest) work well too.
There are also Seinheisser RS160's that work on Kleer wireless technology that have minimal latency & work well. Downside is apart from the RS160 headphones there are few options in other heaphones/earphones for Kleer wireless. TDK WR700's also operate on Kleer but I haven't tried them.
To add to the above the Minelab Pro Sonic unit is good also. Been using it for awhile now mostly with my favourite wired Seinheisser HD-280 Pro headphones but good to have the speaker as well. IMO it's a bit overpriced though - I got mine for free as part of a new detector package otherwise I would be using something less expensive that can do just as good a job (minus the inbuilt speaker).
:Y:

Latest posts