Prospecting Australia PA - Thank You's

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just felt it needed to be said that since quite a few of the more experienced members have gone walkabout over the past twelve months there have been three members that have stood up and taken on the responsibility of their own accord from what i can see to answer a lot of the questions or knowledge requests being asked by newbies.
mbasko and golldigg@ both take it on to help members with a lot of answers regards gold detecting and pannng, thanks fellas. Those of us who don't know as much own ya one.
Grubstake seems to be able to find past answers for people and items of interest regards websites no matter where they are hiding. Thanks mate for taking the time and helping others also.

There are other members as well who are very generous of their time for others, including mods who go out of their way to help.
Cheers fellas.

Unfortunately you can't please everyone and so there will always be people coming and going, it's just the nature of the beast. Well done to the mods for putting up with all the crap that comes with the job, and respect to all those members who put the effort in to help others.

I'd just like to throw my two cents worth in here too. In the couple of months I have been here, everyone has been more than helpful and welcoming. I am a massive newbie to this, with a big learning curve and people have been happy to give me advice when I have asked.

It has also been great to delve through the forum to find tips and tricks for all matter of things that I have been trying to work out. A lot of the information I've found has been from years ago, so I guess even the people who have left are still helping me out!

Short of having someone building and tuning my setup, I have found this to be an awesome site. I do have to add, last weekend my first proper test at home was an absolute shocker, like something out of Fawlty Towers! Fun and games, but thats part of starting a new hobby. So I'm sure there will be at least more questions from me!

That is what we are here for. :)

1468393383_handshake.jpg

Not offence meant by jumping on your thread but I give Goldpick kudos too. Very fair, knowledgeable and giving of his experience and expertise. Highly underrated as his focus is on shooting but when he's speaking it's a lesson for old and new alike. Great ability to be very readable and insightful with minimum fuss or words.

I thought Jembaicumbene was very knowledgeable and passed on a lot of great information and tips. I see he has left the site today or yesterday. What happened? Never saw him ruffle a feather.

Cheers CreekBed

:8 thanks for the kind words Scrounger!
I see this place as a great way to share ideas + experiences - most of which for me have been gotten or learnt through my own mistakes & with the benefit of hindsight. I'm still learning too & still pick up tips on here from the many others that are willing to share as well - there's still a great deal of experience here, far more experienced than me. Too many to name individually.
There's also a wealth of knowledge here in blokes that haven't been kicking around all that long as well but have put the hours in & are willing to share.
I get as much if not more out of the forum as I put in IMO.
Hopefully the info sharing, help & learning keeps coming.

Just wanted to say thank you to the people that have helped me out with all my detecting and detector questions. Especially the ones that have gone out there way and have spared the time to answer my questions that they may have been asked a thousand times before. I will not name names but they know who they are. If they wish to comment it is up to them.I have only been detecting for several months now and I am lucky to be a quick learner and lucky to have had the help from people that have not met me prior to helping. A reminder to other begginers, I believe, as a beginner or newby it is very important to start from basics. Even though some of the info you recieve may not make sense at all and can be frustrating because you believe something different, trust me just listen and learn from the person that is willing to help you. They dont have to go out of there way to help. Now that i believe i am a slightly enhanced beginner, I am offering my help in return in any way that I can if any beginner wants some advice, especially basic advise. I use a gpx 4500 so if someone needs a quick start out in the field and uses a 4500 that will be a bonus. Hope I can help someone, it will be my pleasure. :Y:

I just wanted to personally thank the PA members who contacted me during my recent absence from the forum.
2018 was a year I want to forget.
The end of a 20 year relationship back in May left me on my own and trying to sort out my :poop: .
Just when I thought my world had settled down again, December saw the passing of 3 close family members and 4 of my ex-service mates (one took his own life).
A few weeks ago my dad, who I visit almost every day, fell at his nursing home and broke his hip.
While he received hip replacement surgery, it is very hard for someone his age, (95yo) and with dementia, to understand what is happening around him.
Thanks again PA forum members for your concern. I'm good and looking forward to happier times during the rest of 2019.
Cheers all,
Dave.

On ya Dave!... sorry to hear of your losses and the condition of you Dad. I hope he is able to recover from the hip incident...at his age it's not a good thing have happen.
I recently lost my dear brother Bobby. I cried like a schoolboy when I heard of his passing and it will take a long time..if ever... I come to terms with his loss.
But nothing lasts forever in this world but as the youngest of six ..4brothers and a sister I will most likely see them all gone..not something that I sit's comfortably with me as the years roll by. Robyn sends her condolences as well and we both look forward to seeing you as the year unfolds...chin up mate.Rossco. :Y: :cool:

Dave, onward and upward, hoping things take a turn for the better for you in 2019.
Same to you Reefer, tough losing a brother, I lost one of my brothers twenty years ago but he remains in my thoughts, surround yourself with reminders of the good times spent with him.
We all grieve differently, for some it is a slow progression but it does become easier with time.

My grandma had a fall around 17 years ago and broke her hip... at the age of around 96 or so.
Well back then at that age they couldn't run her through palative care fast enough..... gone in three days.... I'm glad times have changed and your Dad has a new hip at that age Dave.
Silver

Latest posts