Introduce yourself

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, we are Pamela and Gerry and have come back to Queensland after spending the last 7/8 years in WA where we prospected in the goldfields for a few months each year. We are very keen to do some prospecting here in Queensland but dont really know where to start. We were hoping to get in touch with an organised group that could point us in the right direction. Thanking you for time and look forward to hearing from you.

Hi all Newby i just got myself a GPX500 and thinking of heading to Araluen this weekend for a look anyone got any ideas where a fella might be able to get info to were i can and can't go any help would be wicked cheers in advance ......Paul......

Hi to all, we are Colleen and Wayne from Darwin NT. We have lived in the territory for the last 25 years and are new to prospecting. We are interested in purchasing a new detector to take the family (two young childeren) away on new adventures but don't know where to go other than Margaret diggings and Spring Hill. Even with these mentioned places we are finding it difficult to obtain information on the pastoral lease holders to obtain permission. And advice would be greatly appreciated

Greyandgolddiggers said:
Hi, we are Pamela and Gerry and have come back to Queensland after spending the last 7/8 years in WA where we prospected in the goldfields for a few months each year. We are very keen to do some prospecting here in Queensland but dont really know where to start. We were hoping to get in touch with an organised group that could point us in the right direction. Thanking you for time and look forward to hearing from you.
try looking google sat maps and obv faults approx 50klm west sth west of moloolaba .... :goldnugget:

Collvel said:
Hi to all, we are Colleen and Wayne from Darwin NT. We have lived in the territory for the last 25 years and are new to prospecting. We are interested in purchasing a new detector to take the family (two young childeren) away on new adventures but don't know where to go other than Margaret diggings and Spring Hill. Even with these mentioned places we are finding it difficult to obtain information on the pastoral lease holders to obtain permission. And advice would be greatly appreciated
try Tennant :pickshovel: creek and great fossil area too

Neal out of banana land , accreditation trainer in the automotive industry Bro put me onto site as new to the game so hopefully learn a bit along the way. My job lands me in some great locations so figured give this a go. Luckily I'm a fast learner as first day in and learned about protocol already ;)
Catch ya :Y:

Greyandgolddiggers said:

Thinking anywhere north of Clermont looks like the jazz ,? Where in banana land are you?
Tried the gympie area?

Collvel said:
Thanks what about closer to darwin like Margaret diggings

Hi guys welcome aboard

As you mentioned Margaret diggings I was doing a bit of research on the area myself and started reading Trove for some info. As I continued reading towards the end of the notes there was a report about a Canadian girl that conducted electricity. It's quite bazare and I'm not sure if there's any truth to it, but at a guess if your were starving and ate multiple electric eels to survive who knows..
Anyway here's the link , there was some large nuggets pulled from that area

https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/52020836/5026732

Latest posts